HD Canon Vid....

xoomxoom11

Sep 4, 2011
Hi all.....Shot some video with my ti2 Canon in HD @ 30 FS..tried every player in Android..plays fine on PC using KM Player..but only in SloMo on Xoom...any help would much appreciated. :) H

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

GRadu

Jun 24, 2011
Sounds like the tablet just doesn't have the horsepower to play the HD video at full frame rate...

Some video player apps do a better job than others you could try another player like Rockplayer, or
Convert the video to mp4 format on your pc for the tablet....

Thought if you are trying to go directly from the camera to your tablet to preview the video
, converting is not an option...

My canon takes standard def video and I can transfer via the usb port to the GTab and they play fine, they are .avi format.

What format are your files? ...hopefully not. Mov...I had nothing but problems with. Mov files.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Android Tablet Forum

xoomxoom11

Sep 4, 2011
Hey GRadu....Thanks for the reply.....Yes, the ti2 shoots HD Vids in *.mov QuickTime files....there are 3 settings 1920 x 1080 30/24 & 1920 x 720 @ 60..640 x 480 @ 60.....yeah, you're probably right not enough balls.....can't play them on my Netbook either. Shot some video this w/e in all modes. Will let you know what worked. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yep, more than likely you will have to convert the files to have them be more tablet friendly. HandBrake is a popular choice.