Hello Everyone

ranvey

Jun 2, 2012
hi, this is Ranvey, new to this forum. I am actually hoping to buy tab that I can use anywhere. Are all tabs 3g?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

I think most tablets are not 3G/4G. I would not purchase a 3G tablet. I just tether to my iPhone and I can get online anywhere I need to. Then my tablet is not tied to a contract.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi ranvey, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. I see my friend Frederuco has answered your question about 3G. There are a lot of other things to consider when buying a tablet. The best place on the forum for "shopping" information and recommendations is the Android Tablet Discussions section. I'm going to move your thread over there for you so folks can discuss your tablet requirements with you and hopefully make some suggestions. Good luck!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
i agree with frederuco 3g is not that important, though it can be beneficial. wi-fi is more important as, with many places offering free wi-fi hotspots iwth home broadband packages, it will not be so necessary to have. i would not make it a requirement in searching for a good tablet, specs, price, reviews & supplier are far more important depending on your personal needs for your device, ie; do you want to play games? do you want to watch movies? is size important or screen res & technology? if you're buying on a budget then the chinese tabs are probably where you will be looking as for value for money and specs, they are very hard to beat. this is where supplier becomes very important. there are many sellers, some cheaper than others, some far more reliable than others. it is worth paying just a little more to a reputable, trustworthy supplier than to risk saving that money & going for the cheapest you can get. you may be lucky & get what you're looking for, on time & ready to use but i've heard nightmare stories about suppliers stating items in stock when not, payments going missing, items being lost in post or delivered very late indeed. this is why i would recommend you use a supporting vendor from this forum. theyre better than other suppliers, will try to help with after sales service & warranties should not be an issue, my personal choice is redtabletpc.com because this supplier does not sell oem(unbranded copies) products, offer shipping choices to suit speed/cost/reliability etc & tend to only sell better known quality tablets. its your choice where & what you get of course but i recommend starting here
also do lots of research on which tab is best for you.i always think. go to top of your budget as you will want to keep this tab for some time & the bargain entry level tablets, although great for the money, may leave you frustrated & wanting a bit more from your device. they can be slow and difficult to set up correctly, have poor quality screens, slow cpu's & low memory. if these things are no issue , then by all means buy one.. i started with a mid wm8650 device & was amazed by what it could do for so little money, but i soon tired of its failings & decided to upgrade to a much more usable tab with higher memory better screen technology, faster cpu etc.
whatever you decide these things are the most important issues in my view. once you have decided what you actually want from your tablet, you will be in a better position to find a suitable device..good luck:eek:

Last edited: