Hello there...

1buda

Sep 27, 2011
Just picked up a Vtab1008 and still trying to get used to it. One question is that I plan on sharing this tablet with my wife and would like to know how to sign out of my own email account?

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
You can turn off sync for the primary Google account you set it up with. Go to account & Sync in settings and tap on the account name and uncheck gmail.

A web based email reader would provide the most privacy, since you would have to sign in each time you read your mail and the mail would not be saved on the tablet.

Otherwise you will need to find an e-mail app that only syncs when you open it and log in. Most use push so that your e-mail gets to you sooner.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello 1buda, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
1buda,

Welcome to the forum.

I could be wrong, but I suspect your wife and you aren't going to find sharing a tablet very handy.

Jim

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

ktackel

Aug 31, 2011
I am already finding that out, bought it 2 days ago and she had it out of the box doing the set up, went to the market and installed Angry Birds before I barely touched it! That is just wrong to deprive a geek like me the joy of the set up!

Dstutts

Sep 20, 2011
I agree a tablet isn't really for sharing

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

1buda

Sep 27, 2011
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the advise. YES I will be in the market soon to get another tablet.