Help , daughter with tablet down, crisis mode.....

lambman

Apr 27, 2013
Hello to all. Just joined this forum.

Have spent the last 15 hours looking for a solution to the issue with my daughters tablet, its a A1CS FUSION5 ECONOMY Tablet PC - 8" screen - Android 4.0 ICS. Brought this and the keyboard case from Amazon in January . Already sent the keyboard ack as it stopped working . Now the tablet has stopped working. As we are in Ireland if I send it back they will only post back to UK, so want to try and see if someone out there can help get my daughter reunited!

Tablet goes through the start of the boot set up,

Android man in box
Android man folding arms
word android

its then that it stays with the word android on the screen

Have looked up varios sites that say press start and volume plus together for three seconds but this does nothing. There is no reset button.

PLEASE , can anyone help me solve this mystery

Regards

Lambman

Following advice from spider have held on and volume + down for one minute, got a reaction. Andy on his back with lid open and ! in a triangle over lid.

Looked this up and it says should have been using on and volume -.

Tried this and back to no reaction. Am I beter off giving in and going through the all painful return to supplier routine which takes so long when not living in the uk?

Would apprechaite any direction at this stage.....:confused:

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Lambman, welcome to the forum, nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. Try start and volume plus together again for at least a minute if necessary until you get a menu that gives you the option of resetting. In case that doesn't work, I'm moving your thread to the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/ section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

lambman

Apr 27, 2013
Thank you for the help, will keep trying and hope someone on the forum has had the same issue

lambman

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Well you stated you got to recovery mode, andy on his back, at that point you would need to press back button, or home button to get options, once you see options you want to delete data. the main thing is get back to the screen with andy on his back, then try to press different hardware buttons until you are given a list of options.

lambman

Apr 27, 2013
Vampirefo,

Thanks for the tip, you can see you are dealing with a "newbe" to the world of tablets, PC's were my era. Only have three buttons on the tablet, +/- rocker and on button. Have been at this since Friday and am determined to fix this , will now sit and try to get Andy to reappear again.

Thanks again, will report sucess failure !!

Lambman

lambman

Apr 27, 2013
Lambman here,

now have managed to get Andy with door open on his back with ! in a red triangle above door. Assume this is recovery mode.

Have tried pressing - / + on the sound rocker, the on off button but cannot get a menu up . Can anyone advise the sequence on this type of tablet to get the recovery menu??:confused::confused: