Help with rooting device.

Apr 28, 2011
Hey guys i have looked but have not seen this posted anywhere. I was wondering when u go to root the device, should you delete all the stuff u already have on it? and if u have to how do u delete everything? And if you dont have to delete all your stuff, does it all stay or does the root delete it? I kno these are some basic questions, but i am new to this stuff so please help me out.
Thanks =D

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Rooting will not remove anything it just opens up your tablet to superuser mode. You can do things like delete files a normal user could not. If you install clockwork recovery then install ROM updates, that will remove previous data in most cases. Even then, there are exceptions.
You don't have to remove anything when rooting. The purpose of clockwork is to give you a recovery program that will backup and install updates that are not signed and blessed by the manufacturer.
Always backup before doing anything major!

Apr 28, 2011
Once you download clockworkmod, will it save a backup on your sd card? or do u have to do it manually? and if manually how do u do that?

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Hey ChoclateTouch,

I am new to Android, but have been playing with my tab since getting it Friday. I followed the instructions on this sticky thread I had to do the commands for the ClockworkMod twice (step 16), but I probably made a typo the first time. Once the ClockworkMod is installed, if you use the "reboot recovery" command, it will bring up the Clockwork menu, from there you have to do a manual backup (pretty easy to follow through the menu). The location of the backup will be /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/YYYY-MM-DD.##.##.## directory (not sure what the last three sets of numbers stand for). Hope this helps!

Last edited: