Hi ALL! :)

Jul 21, 2011
Hi everyone! Please help me ID my android tablet. :)
I'm a bit new here. What i want to do to my tablet is Update it to JellyBean and Root it.

Here are the specs,

OS Android 4.0.4
512 mb RAM
It has 2(two) Internal Storage (I dunno why), 1gb and 5.38gb.
8 inch
Dual Cam
Wi-fi
Supports 3G(Dongle)

And written in About tablet are,

Model Number - J-Q5
Android Ver. - 4.0.4
Baseband Ver. - 1.5
Kernel Ver. - 3.0.8+ shixb@pfd-desktop #128 Tue Nov 13 14:05:18 CST 2012
Build Number - JSA_pfd3230.d06_J-Q5_20121128_V1.8

Already Googled it, but no luck at all. :(

PLEASE HELP! TIA! :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the form. You're right that's a pretty obscure tablet. Is there something in particular you need to know about using it?

Jul 21, 2011
Welcome to the form. You're right that's a pretty obscure tablet. Is there something in particular you need to know about using it?

Tnx sir! :)

Actually sir, what i want to do is to update it from ICS to JellyBean; Root it; Have a stable and FAST Custom ROM (cause it's a bit laggy) and play some games that requires root/super user. That's why i want to know it's real/same identified tablets name. On the other hand i have the Manual (SORRY I FORGOT TO BRING IT :( ) and i recall that this tablet name (which is in the manual) is MID-android (for me, i think that name doesn't sound like it's real identification). Maybe i'll just come back and bring the manual. (I'm at work right now).

SOME SPECS THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THE MANUAL (As i recall)
Name: MID-android
CPU: 1.5Ghz A8 Cortex
Model: J-Q5

And one thing that i have realized, when I've connected the tablet at my desktop it says a Nuclear USB something like that. Please Help! TNX!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There are far better known tablets that can't bed rooted. All I can say is that I hope someone can help but I wouldn't hold my breath.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Only have 512 mb ram, you can forget about jelly bean and most games.
Your specs looks like a cheap allwinner, the tablet most likely is already rooted.