How do i keep the chapters on dvd

rob01792

May 19, 2012
looking to put a language dvd on my tablet but its important to keep the chapter as it a learning dvd
how would i do that
thanks

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Ok, I just tried it out and have some good news for you.

I took a DVD, made a backup using DVD Shrink. The output I used the TSVIDEO and TSAUDIO folders.

Copied the folders to a microSD card and popped it into my tablet. Using Daroon Player from the market, have it scan the microSD and you can play it using Daroon, chapters and all.

D

dvdcatalyst

looking to put a language dvd on my tablet but its important to keep the chapter as it a learning dvd
how would i do that
thanks

Another option you can use, and this works with all players is to split the DVD into individual chapter files, so each chapter is its own video file:

$split01.jpg

To do this with something like DVD Catalyst, just insert your DVD, and enable the checkmark to split it in parts of 1 scene. If your lessons are 2 chapters each, just switch it to 2, and each lesson will be its own file.

$split02.jpg

takyoko34

Jun 19, 2012
I prefer the second method. It saves space. When I'm done with the first few lessons, I can delete it and transfer the next ones. Thanks!

rob01792

May 19, 2012
thanks to all the advice tried dvd shrink but the file was 7.79 gb
in the end used handbrake as the chapters where all ready seperated on the dvd i should have checked 1st
thanks