How do you force a recalibration of the screen?

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
This froyofusion rom doesn't have an app to re-calibrate. Any idea what the best approach to force a screen recalibration would be? Also is there any app to change the sensitivity so us poor "resistive" users can get better results??

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
To my knowledge, there is nothing to be done as far as adjusting the sensitivity of the resistive screen. Several folks have tried it using ports from the s7 slim and it messed up their tablets. I have not seen a screen recalibrate util out there for the s7 but tri-zet or joenellan would be the best people to ask.

Sent from my NexusOne using Tapatalk

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
This froyofusion rom doesn't have an app to re-calibrate. Any idea what the best approach to force a screen recalibration would be? Also is there any app to change the sensitivity so us poor "resistive" users can get better results??

to force screen recalibration (resistive touch screen):

use root explorer (or similar program with root access), delete this file:

/data/data/com.android.settings/files/pointercal

reboot tablet and you will be ask to calibrate touchscreen

for sensistivity, i guess it can be tweak by editing file ts.conf but i never try it.

Last edited:

Gunawan

Aug 15, 2011
to force screen recalibration (resistive touch screen):

use root explorer (or similar program with root access), delete this file:

/data/data/com.android.settings/files/pointercal

reboot tablet and you will be ask to calibrate touchscreen

for sensistivity, i guess it can be tweak by editing file ts.conf but i never try it.
Hi, Tri_zet, how about capacitive display? how do I calibrate the screen? recently my Ideos S7 got problem with touch screen after doing "Capacitive Touchscreen firmware Upgrade" with secret Menu while I'm using EClair firmware. and now my touchscreen not working properly, please help.. I have doing many times flashing and re-flashing using different firmware but no success. thank you in advance.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Hi, Tri_zet, how about capacitive display? how do I calibrate the screen? recently my Ideos S7 got problem with touch screen after doing "Capacitive Touchscreen firmware Upgrade" with secret Menu while I'm using EClair firmware. and now my touchscreen not working properly, please help.. I have doing many times flashing and re-flashing using different firmware but no success. thank you in advance.

there is no calibration for capacitive touch screen.

did you try to update with froyo firmware?

Gunawan

Aug 15, 2011
there is no calibration for capacitive touch screen.

did you try to update with froyo firmware?

yes I just success with froyo upgrade and now my ideos running with Froyo, but the touchscreen still problem.
I just found that the touch position for Program list on upper right side is moving to upper left side, so when I'm touching on that position (upper left side) the program list is appear.
all button are working properly, then I'm trying to access the hidden menu again using Froyo and trying to do the touchscreen upgrade again and the result is "the touchscreen firmware not supported"

:(

thank you in advance for your support given.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
yes I just success with froyo upgrade and now my ideos running with Froyo, but the touchscreen still problem.
I just found that the touch position for Program list on upper right side is moving to upper left side, so when I'm touching on that position (upper left side) the program list is appear.
all button are working properly, then I'm trying to access the hidden menu again using Froyo and trying to do the touchscreen upgrade again and the result is "the touchscreen firmware not supported"

:(

thank you in advance for your support given.

so the touchscreen firmware is not part of the ROM. never knew any methode to flash touchscreen firmware only.
i am afraid you have to go to service center but i think your 105 is not covered by warranty right?

edit:
when you did the Capacitive Touchscreen firmware Upgrade for the first time, is your device connected to internet?
if you didn't connected to internet, so the firmware file must be in the ROM already.
you can try to flash with correct Eclair ROM for your 105 device original (phillipines/australia) and do touchscreen firmware update again.

Last edited:

Gunawan

Aug 15, 2011
so the touchscreen firmware is not part of the ROM. never knew any methode to flash touchscreen firmware only.
i am afraid you have to go to service center but i think your 105 is not covered by warranty right?

edit:
when you did the Capacitive Touchscreen firmware Upgrade for the first time, is your device connected to internet?
if you didn't connected to internet, so the firmware file must be in the ROM already.
you can try to flash with correct Eclair ROM for your 105 device original (phillipines/australia) and do touchscreen firmware update again.

100% right, my 105 is no more covered by waranty.
and yes, I did the firmware upgrade while the internet is being connected.
it is good idea to flash with device orginal 105 firmware, could you provide me the link for philipines firmware?, tomorrow I will inform you the result.

thanks a lot for you kind help.. at least I got something to do
^_^

sr74dragan

Aug 14, 2011
huawei ideos S7 slim - I tried to install a new rom but the knock and safe mode and it's not touch screen. the screen shows: Touch screen Celibration Plase follow the steps cerefully. but I can not do anything, I switch it up so you remove the battery from the tablet. Help please.

Cak_Salas

Aug 18, 2011
huawei ideos S7 slim - I tried to install a new rom but the knock and safe mode and it's not touch screen. the screen shows: Touch screen Celibration Plase follow the steps cerefully. but I can not do anything, I switch it up so you remove the battery from the tablet. Help please.

I was on the phone with Huawei today and learned how to do a factory reset when your touchscreen will not respond to anything.

With the unit powered off, press and hold volume+back key and press power button.

I have not yet tried to do this. If someone can confirm that it does work that would be great.

I was do had the same problem just like you, finnaly i've found the answer, it's SOLVED!!!

just download the original firmware here :
Huawei Firmware S7 - MoDaCo

i did this one :
http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/downLoadCenter?category=&flay=software&fileName=110721015118.zip&attachmentName=S7-201u%20V100R001C186B015(Indonesia%20XL%20Axiata).zip

because my device is Indonesian with XL (GSM Operator) bundled

extract the archive, put "unlmt.cfg" and "UPDATA.APP" in "dload" folder (you must create this folder in your root sd card)
then insert your sd card, power on, you'll see progress bar, wait untill OK

done!

your Huawei Ideos S7 Slim just like first time you bought.

(thank's to everyone who shared, and internet)

genaro

Jan 25, 2012
the last week, i received an ideos s7 tablet with the same behavior, any ideas?, we can recompile the kernel-2.6.29-S7-Emotion drivers?, i see there is a variety of drivers but i dont know what is the correct driver, i wold appreciate any information.