How to get android market on my tablet?

aussie2

Oct 9, 2011
Hi, I recently bought an Archos Arnov 7G2 tablet - its good but unfortunately the Market doesn't come preinstalled so could someone tell me how to install it, preferably without rooting but if thats the only way then I'm prepared to do it.

ritachung

Sep 23, 2011
The first thing you need to do is root your tablet, or confirm that your Android tablet has a low level of user security. For instance Advent Vega tablets will allow you to install some apps that otherwise require root access, and as you will see in the section below, there are locations other than the official Market from which you can download Android apps.
Next, run the browser on your tablet, and visit:
fileape » download
This will download an old version of the Market app to your Android tablet, and after restarting your device the Market app will update to the latest version.
An alternative to this is to flash (a term to install a new version the OS) your Android tablet to run a different build of the operating system that already includes the Market.

sdt1

Jul 1, 2011
Did what the poster above said work?

I have the Kobo Vox eReader running Gingerbread. I rooted it with Gingerbreak 1.2, and installed BusyBox. I copied the downloaded folders to the internal sdcard (Vox's "internal memory" is actually a microsd installed internally). I then installed vending, updater, and GFS from there. After trying to sign in, I get an error message from Market "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server". I tried forcing stop and clearing cache, rebooting, etc., but same error message every time I try to sign-in. Any suggestions?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Have you tried the Amazon App Store?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum