how to remove and adds widgets and apps

jaestoner01

Sep 11, 2010
I just got my new a500 n I need some help can any one tell how to remove widgets and apps
From the screen I try everything..
Thanks guys.:confused:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Jaestoner, one of the easiest ways is to long press on a blank part of your screen. The widget screen will appear. Drag your widgets both ways, change your wallpaper, add or remove shortcuts... You will achieve the same thing by pressing the "+" symbol in the top right corner, next to the Apps button.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

jaestoner01

Sep 11, 2010
Dude thank u so much I didn't know it was that ease
;)

[QUOTE=Raven312;85786]Jaestoner, one of the easiest ways is to long press on a blank part of your screen. The widget screen will appear. Drag your widgets both ways, change your wallpaper, add or remove shortcuts... You will achieve the same thing by pressing the "+" symbol in the top right corner, next to the Apps button.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum[/QUOTE]

frieslander

May 18, 2011
jaestoner01:

I go to the screen you mentioned but I cannot figure out how to remove a Market widget I got on there by accident. How do I do that?

Thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Press and hold on the widget you want to remove, it should "pop" free and then look you should see a trashcan. Drag the widget there and release. This does not remove the app, just the widget.

frieslander

May 18, 2011
Thanks for the reply, I did figure it out after I posted but the replies are needed for others who have the same problem. It would be nice to have a Sticky thread for basics like these, it would save a lot of time and help newbies like me.

I do a lot of Googling for answere but finding an answer depends on how the search criteria is entered. That is how I found the answer to this problem but it took a few different searches.

Thanks again!

rnmendoza

May 22, 2011
I've had my acer a500 for 3 days now and still cannot install the apps from market. I tried installing from the tablet and from my pc. It's not installing at all. I think i'm missing something. My order history says it was complete but i can't find the apps that were marked complete. The books downloaded fine but the apps do not. Thanks.

shdw03

May 11, 2011
I've had my acer a500 for 3 days now and still cannot install the apps from market. I tried installing from the tablet and from my pc. It's not installing at all. I think i'm missing something. My order history says it was complete but i can't find the apps that were marked complete. The books downloaded fine but the apps do not. Thanks.

sometimes the apps do not automatically appear on the homescreen. is it on the app list?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Yes, they are on your app list. You can adjust whether they appear ob your hone screen from the Market. Tap the pulldown on the upper right, that is a Preferences setting.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum