how to root kyros mid-1024-4g

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
The android system files will work with all models as long as they are same version. The difference between 7024/8024 vs 1024 are the drivers(utmodules) and uboot.bin value.

Open up uboot.bin of the ofiicial 8024 firmware using Hex editor. Search and replace

LCD value of
8024 UT08
7024 UT07
1024 LP101

Orientation for camera must be change to X from Y

After that open up patch.patch_sd_path_extsd and create a UTMODULES folder and copy the UTModules provided by CrashAngel.
https://rapidshare.com/files/3723737173/utmodules_1024.rar

Please note you must use 7-zip for opening and saving

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
The android system files will work with all models as long as they are same version. The difference between 7024/8024 vs 1024 are the drivers(utmodules) and uboot.bin value.

Open up uboot.bin of the ofiicial 8024 firmware using Hex editor. Search and replace

LCD value of
8024 UT08
7024 UT07
1024 LP101

Orientation for camera must be change to X from Y

After that open up patch.patch_sd_path_extsd and create a UTMODULES folder and copy the UTModules provided by CrashAngel.
https://rapidshare.com/files/3723737173/utmodules_1024.rar

Please note you must use 7-zip for opening and saving

Flxrms, I posted a rom dump and pulled the entire system files from my Kyros1024 so people who messed up their tablet don't have to be afraid of using the wrong files or trying to edit stuff cause they are not familiar with android. Maybe you can make an update.zip so someone could place the files in the external sdcard slot and fix their tablets since the update zip will work from the external sdcard. You only need to open your device if you want to increase your memory.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...2596-kyros-mid-1024-romdump-system-files.html

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Flxrms, I posted a rom dump and pulled the entire system files from my Kyros1024 so people who messed up their tablet don't have to be afraid of using the wrong files or trying to edit stuff cause they are not familiar with android. Maybe you can make an update.zip so someone could place the files in the external sdcard slot and fix their tablets since the update zip will work from the external sdcard. You only need to open your device if you want to increase your memory.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...2596-kyros-mid-1024-romdump-system-files.html

unfortunately even if i can make update.zip clockworkmod will not work with our tablet(xx24)...what i can do is this...

1.ill create a patch.patch_sd_path_extsd.tar with utmodules for 1024
2.updated uboot.bin...
3. Overwrite original patch.patch_sd_path_extsd of 8024 firmware
4. flash your brick rom.
5. and please pray it works hehe

but i am not 100% this will work.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
unfortunately even if i can make update.zip clockworkmod will not work with our tablet(xx24)...what i can do is this...

1.ill create a patch.patch_sd_path_extsd.tar with utmodules for 1024
2.updated uboot.bin...
3. Overwrite original patch.patch_sd_path_extsd of 8024 firmware
4. flash your brick rom.
5. and please pray it works hehe

but i am not 100% this will work.
I guess this is not clear to me. If I have original files from my stock rom and place them on a sdcard.
1.Can I press Power + Home enter update menu and those files repair my tablet
2. If you have dd images they can be untarred unzipped however its done and those readable files placed on a sdcard same structure as c8lean rom and enter update menu and repair rom.
Or is it you need update from coby since there is no real way to enter into recovery.
I know that if I use your rom or wicced247 rom and place it on a external sdcard and enter update menu. it will flash or update that to my tablet.
So this is what I mean by update.zip just a modified version of the stock rom so people can recover with proper version because some people think they can put 7024rom on their 1024tablet or put 8024rom on their 7024tablet and everyone is confused.
This was my main reason for pulling the files from the 1024 tablet. I thought it would be simple as buying an additional sdcard placing original rom files on that card and placing back in my tablet if something became messed up.
Can anyone clarify if they have the time.?

Last edited:

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
The firmware update from Coby fixed my bricked 1024. I screwed up both the recovery part and system part of my tablet. The firmware acted like a boot disc does in a computer. The minute I turned the tablet on it flashed the whole thing to stock...very handy.

jgeidl

Sep 15, 2011
aggie1138,
How (exactly, I'm dumb) did you get the software on the tablet for it to boot from it?
Jim

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
aggie1138,
How (exactly, I'm dumb) did you get the software on the tablet for it to boot from it?
Jim

You extract the firmware files from the zip and put them on an external SD card...it boots from there believe it or not. You don't have to mess with the one inside although I swapped mine out with a 16gb.

jgeidl

Sep 15, 2011
aggie1138, Do you have the files or a link to them that you can share? I anticipate bricking my 1024 before this is overwith.

ramilb

Oct 28, 2011
*noob here

Z4root did work for me (permanent Root). I used z4root to install Market on my Kyros 1024N...incredibly, my Kyros 1024N came in already pre-installed with Android 2.3 with all the bells and whistles (3G, Games, Apps, etc..). so far so good for me