How would I hook up a flash drive to the TC970?

jodyberry

Dec 13, 2011
I need to do this away from the computer. I tried a USB hub (non-powered) but no luck.

Has anyone figured out a workaround?

Thanks all...

ion54

Nov 22, 2011
You cannot hookup an USB drive to TC970 as the 30 pin connector is not wired for OTG. It only acts as a device. In a nut shell there is no power coming out to your USB drive!

keboobi

Jan 23, 2012
The only storage you can physically use is a micro usb card if you have dropbox you can upload from your computer and download on the tablet.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
As much as I wish I could plug in a USB drive too, I've decided the best thing is to by a large (in my case 16mb) micro SD with an adapter to read/transfer files to my desktop computer.
One of these days the "perfect" tablet will exist where we can do normal computer things with it. I almost bought the Toshiba Thrive for that reason Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Thrive AT105-T108 Tablet NVIDIA Tegra 2 1.00GHz 10.1" 1GB DDR2 Memory 8GB Storage NVIDIA ULP GeForce
but I wanted a 4:3 aspect ratio tablet.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
As much as I wish I could plug in a USB drive too, I've decided the best thing is to by a large (in my case 16mb) micro SD with an adapter to read/transfer files to my desktop computer.
One of these days the "perfect" tablet will exist where we can do normal computer things with it. I almost bought the Toshiba Thrive for that reason Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Thrive AT105-T108 Tablet NVIDIA Tegra 2 1.00GHz 10.1" 1GB DDR2 Memory 8GB Storage NVIDIA ULP GeForce
but I wanted a 4:3 aspect ratio tablet.

Sounds like you are ready for a Windows 8 tablet actually :)

Spaceboy62

Jan 12, 2012
Sounds like you are ready for a Windows 8 tablet actually :)

It would be fun to have both IMO.:rolleyes:
This delay of getting Windows 8 tablets out may pay off for Microsoft. We're all having fun with our tablets right now...but by the time they release the Win8 ones, we'll be ready for more serious tablets for regular computing stuff.

Last edited: