[Howto] Install CWM, Custom ROM, Flash Player, and Market Fix for 1.1 based ROMs

patricks

Mar 23, 2011
Fuganater,

Have you heard of the 3991 firmware that may be on the device? I read about it in another forum. Should I hold off on this if my device comes with version 3991?

FYI, i'm one of the wooters from the other day so I'm still waiting to try all this. Just trying to read up as much as I can so I am prepared.

lesshadow

Mar 26, 2011
I don't get a menu with clockwork mod. I do get the recovery message but no menu and it doesn't show as an app.
I am new to this so a I am sure that I am doing something wrong.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I don't get a menu with clockwork mod. I do get the recovery message but no menu and it doesn't show as an app.
I am new to this so a I am sure that I am doing something wrong.

Did you use the files I gave and followed the steps? I'm guessing you missed something because I've never heard of this error.

jjsaustin

Mar 27, 2011
Hello,

I just received my gtab and trying to complete objective 1.

I tried the directions as stated using both first the sdcard version then the internal version of clockworkMod. I hold down the buttons and it detects the file ("Recovery Key Detected") and does the open box icon. It then reboots as normal. So I assume it is installed. I then reboot holding down the buttons and it looks like the exact same sequence occurs and the open box icon appears again

I tried have the following files after extracting /sdcard/cwmod_internal (that contains a recovery folder and an update folder) - This is at the same level as the Android, DCIM, Music ... folders.

I also tried using /sdcard2/cwmod_microsd (after extracting it contained recovery folder and update folder)

What can i do to check that it is installed properly and how else can I try to enter into clockworkmod?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Hello,

I just received my gtab and trying to complete objective 1.

I tried the directions as stated using both first the sdcard version then the internal version of clockworkMod. I hold down the buttons and it detects the file ("Recovery Key Detected") and does the open box icon. It then reboots as normal. So I assume it is installed. I then reboot holding down the buttons and it looks like the exact same sequence occurs and the open box icon appears again

I tried have the following files after extracting /sdcard/cwmod_internal (that contains a recovery folder and an update folder) - This is at the same level as the Android, DCIM, Music ... folders.

I also tried using /sdcard2/cwmod_microsd (after extracting it contained recovery folder and update folder)

What can i do to check that it is installed properly and how else can I try to enter into clockworkmod?

Thank you!

If you can boot into CWR by using the Power & Volume +, try to make a backup of your system. If all that works you know its good.

coyoteblue

Mar 1, 2011
I will also be getting a new gtab this wk, ordered from tigerdirect today and expect to receive Tuesday with standard shipping. Those guys are fast! My question is two fold. Can we just substitute Flash player 10.2 in Objective 4 or does one have to first install 10.1.120.1 and is the folder APKs already there or do we have to make a directory? Sorry for the newby question. Second, I already have adb installed on my windows vista computer for my coby kyros. How hard would it be to use that for the Gtab, perhaps just modifing the android_winusb driver or adding it in a different directory? I don't use adb too much but if I need to add it, I guess I could use another computer at home. All this is new to me but man have I been learning alot thanks to you guys.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
I will also be getting a new gtab this wk, ordered from tigerdirect today and expect to receive Tuesday with standard shipping. Those guys are fast! My question is two fold. Can we just substitute Flash player 10.2 in Objective 4 or does one have to first install 10.1.120.1 and is the folder APKs already there or do we have to make a directory? Sorry for the newby question. Second, I already have adb installed on my windows vista computer for my coby kyros. How hard would it be to use that for the Gtab, perhaps just modifing the android_winusb driver or adding it in a different directory? I don't use adb too much but if I need to add it, I guess I could use another computer at home. All this is new to me but man have I been learning alot thanks to you guys.

1. You can install 10.2 straight out.
2. I'm a ADB noob. I almost had it working on my laptop then the HDD turned into gravel. I'll let Peter help you out with that.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Great! Thanks for the update. Still not sure what to do with this .rar file. My xp machine says I need something to open it. If I'm reading you right, once I get the .rar open, there will be a .zip in it???? that seems like it is double compressed????

7-Zip is a free program that will open .rar files on your XP system. 7-Zip

Riteheer

Mar 29, 2011
Absolutely Awesome! I have never done anything like this. Bought the tablet for my wife's bday, after a few weeks and she lost her stuff when the internal sd card wiped itself clean... after reading for hours I stumbled on this post. It was so simple, maybe I just got lucky because things went so smoothly, but these directions were so easy to follow! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
I followed your recommendation for the harmony rom... where do I go to post bug reports? I have found a couple of small issues and thought it would be a good idea for me to try and contribute back. I registered on this site, just to post my thanks for the awesome directions.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Absolutely Awesome! I have never done anything like this. Bought the tablet for my wife's bday, after a few weeks and she lost her stuff when the internal sd card wiped itself clean... after reading for hours I stumbled on this post. It was so simple, maybe I just got lucky because things went so smoothly, but these directions were so easy to follow! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
I followed your recommendation for the harmony rom... where do I go to post bug reports? I have found a couple of small issues and thought it would be a good idea for me to try and contribute back. I registered on this site, just to post my thanks for the awesome directions.

I'm glad it went so easily for you. Once you get more confident you can try out different ROMs. Once the new G-Harmony 2.3.3 gets fixed it will be the one I reccomend to new people. I would say report bugs on XDA. Its where we get all our ROM's from.

shakshak1

Jan 17, 2011
Fuganater
Got my gtab today and installed GHarmony, it is a straight forward process.
Thanks very much for your kind tips.
I will start looking for some apps in the marketplace.
Rgds

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Fuganater
Got my gtab today and installed GHarmony, it is a straight forward process.
Thanks very much for your kind tips.
I will start looking for some apps in the marketplace.
Rgds

Np. Here to help.

patricks

Mar 23, 2011
Fuganater,

Thanks for all your help. I got TnT 4.3 installed just fine.

However, I now see on XDA that there is a 4.3.2 supplement. It is my understanding that with supplements you don't need to clear everything out, just install the supplement over it.

Is this the save process as installing the ROM? Do you omit the step about wiping data?