Huawei Mediapad

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Even an IPS screen, this thing sounds beyond incredible, and for me personally the 7" form factor is like a dream come true. Just hope you won't need a contract with a carrier to buy it since Engadget states there is no mention of a WiFi only version.

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Even an IPS screen, this thing sounds beyond incredible, and for me personally the 7" form factor is like a dream come true. Just hope you won't need a contract with a carrier to buy it since Engadget states there is no mention of a WiFi only version.

As long as it it's unlocked, you should be able to get it sans contract. What will the unlocked price be, though? The Slim is pretty much $300 (has it been on sale for less?) and it doesn't have mobile data. The mediapad can't be less than $370 at that rate.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
If they can sell this for <$400 without any carrier subsidy they could easily own the 7" market.

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Acer for $350 (no 3g though):

$img20110620113948-copy.jpg

You can get it under $400, Huawei!!!!

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
This price point for the Acer is good to see, and really does give me hope Huawei will make the right pricing decisions. They made some mistakes with the S7, such as not delivering on accessories and withholding 2.2 from most western markets.Hitting the right price point on the mediapad could go a long way toward re-patrionating those they have lost along the way.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
Sorry but im done with Huawei. I have the S7 and S7slim. The slims HDMI port is non functional as reported by me and several other users. When i called Huawei's tech support, they didnt have any useful help and acted like I shouldnt care if the HDMI works or not. Ive had bad tech support before but their arrogance useless support takes the cake. When the first 7" non Huawei tablet im outta here. Its ashamed too cause I have truly loved my S7 (Non Slim).