Huawei Users Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokout

Nov 28, 2010
I read somewhere that the USB micro plug will not support enough juice to keep a tablet type unit charged while being used so that is why Huawei uses the power jack...sounded like the Micro USB may actully charge the unit, but over a longer time and in sleep mode

Cheers!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I read somewhere that the USB micro plug will not support enough juice to keep a tablet type unit charged while being used so that is why Huawei uses the power jack...sounded like the Micro USB may actully charge the unit, but over a longer time and in sleep mode

Cheers!

I'm working on that one as well, but, as of now I don't get any life through the micro USB port at all, which is kind of strange as the port must have power out so why not in?

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I'm not sure that the charger is up to it. Give me a few days to see if it melts.

anski

Dec 1, 2010
hallo an alle,

ich habe ein Huawei s7 Model 101, das in Europa verkauft wird.
Der Unterschied zum Model 104 den ich durch googeln feststellen konnte, ist:
- nur eine Kamera vorn mit 2 Megapixeln statt wie beim 104 Model zwei (vorne 0.3 und hinten 2.0)

Aufgefahlen ist mir auch, dass es scheinbar keinen Lichtsensor und keinen Magnetfeld-Sensor gibt.

Magnetfeld-Sensor ist sehr nützlich für einige Apps wie Google Street View, Google Sky oder Kompass.

Hat jemand doch die Kompass-Funktion auf seinem 101-Model, oder ist meiner nur defekt?

Gruss

helo all!

i have n Huawei S7 device with Modelnumber 101.
unfortunately i've found that the magnetic-field-sensor for compass-funktion dont provide any values.
you can test ist with any compass-app from google-market.

please tell me whether it is!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Anski - Herzlich Willkommen!

I have not seen that issue, I have been using both Google Maps and Compass (catch.com) from the market with no issues. what exactly do you mean by values?

Peter

Neeko

Dec 1, 2010
Sup guys, this my first post. i got my s7 today from BB and i love it so far but i noticed when the side buttons like the menu, home, call etc.. light up, the rear cover above one of the hindges for the kick stand lights up also. its kinda like light is passing through the plastic.

Is this normal and happens to all of them or is maybe mine defective?
I did alot of reseach and never seen this come up.

Thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yes, it is normal on some versions. No worries, and welcome!

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
That is weird, I never noticed it before. The light comes on when you operate any of the hardware buttons. Some kind of activity light on the motherboard showing through the case plastic?

Twedk

Dec 1, 2010
I bought mine 3 dayz ago, and love it. Slip my tmobile sim card in and it worked great after i changed one setting. No 3g, just edge but works great....

Neeko

Dec 1, 2010
I bought mine 3 dayz ago, and love it. Slip my tmobile sim card in and it worked great after i changed one setting. No 3g, just edge but works great....

lol, what does that have to do with the topic of the light? but anyway yea its a sweet system. i havent put my tmobil card in it yet but il try that out later.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
OK here's an update!
The charger I found was a Go Wireless Model 2CC4823 which I picked up at a local Family Dollar store and I have since confirmed that other branches carry it as well as I bought a second to cannibalize!
However it struggles to charge the S7 and I would guess it's putting out only around 800mAh and that's not enough to charge and power at the same time especially if you have BT and WiFi on at the same time as using it as a phone which I do.
If you turn the device off and plug the charger in it will work, but slowly.
So the next piece of news is that the USB cable I cobbled together does work, but, again the power available is an important factor.
I have a dual USB mains adapter (branded Colby (Ross, or Marshals I forget which or may be TJ Max) which is rated at 1Ah and this combo will charge and power at the same time so as I have a 1.5mAh USB car adapter I can charge and use the device wherever I want.
Plus my 1500mAh JuiceBar external solar charged power pack (with a cobbled cable!!) also works so I'm covered all ways.
Now another piece of info!
Some Magellan GPS units use exactly the same power tips ( I think they are 3.2mm) and their mains chargers are available and are rated at - get this - 2Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ones I've seen are not cheap ($18.95 tax free on military post) but they are out there!
Next project to track down a Magellan car charger and we are home free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone else do a bit of work?

Here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TZ6PSZ0YVCAPXSQ9S4A

And here
http://www.amazon.com/Charger-Power...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1291337994&sr=1-16

And the best
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Magellan-Vehicle-Roadmate-Navigator/dp/B00457GTJK/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.