Huawei Users Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I have been checking out a few things and my findings may be worth bearing in mind.
Using a power consumption program ( PowerTutor ) and with GPS, WiFi, LCD and obviously CPU all enabled the total power draw I have observed at surge is approaching 2000mW (ie 2W).
Note that this is without any 3g, BT, audio or video usage ( I will try and obtain these levels separately ).
These levels by themselves cannot be converted to current draw, however as we know the Lithium Ion voltage ( which I will take as 4.5v ) then the current can be calculated by A=W/V.
This gives us A=2/4.5 = .4444mAh
That's nearly 500mAh current draw without using the phone functions or BT!!!!!
Power on transmit (depending on frequency, 2g/3g etc) can be up to 500mAh+ as well so at any one time the device could require in excess of 1Ah in order to operate (remember that's without BT and also without taking in to account any other running apps that would also consume higher power levels via CPU usage.
Any supply of less capacity would struggle under these conditions to simply keep the device working never mind charge it at the same time.
The result would be a build up of heat in the supply and definitely be worth avoiding for safety's sake.
There could also be the risk of damage to the device.
Anyway, I will stick by all I originally stated, others can decide for themselves.

chuck3d

Dec 7, 2010
hi guys, just bought my S7 and love it so far. The salesman at Best Buy recommended I also buy the 100 watts Mobile Power Inverter for about $30. Just plug in the AC cord to the inverter and plug into cig lighter in car (or boat). Haven't used it yet but seems like it should work.

queenwolf2

Dec 7, 2010
I had purchased the Huawei but returned it before I found this forum. I bought the tablet because it seemed really decently made and I found it really nice to work with. BUT I bought this so I could be away from my office and if needed be able to access my home puter to send a file. I can do it from my android phone, Samsung Galaxy via the LogMeIn program recommended here for android phones. BUT I can not get it to workon the tablet. After much frustration - could get it loaded but the site would not sign In - talked to the LogMeIn teck and they told me they dont support any tablets....at least not yet.

I dont know why it would load but not work...but it woudnt.

So returned the tablet....because that is really the main reason I needed it. I did not want to haul my 17" laptop around....and wanted something a little more portable than a mini...but may need to go that route.

Does anyone use a program on the tablet to access their home puter?

Any help would be great...I can go and buy it again if this would work...

Thank you for any help

wendy

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
It's the HSDPA icon. Means you are connected to good 3G, basically.

new2S7

Dec 8, 2010
(RE-EDIT: I found a solution for the 802.1x Enterprise WPA connectivity problem with my android device...
what worked was using a similar procedure to what is mentioned in this post #23:
http://androidforums.com/application-requests/25748-app-enterprise-802-1x-wifi-connectivity.html )

(EDIT: the issue is for 802.1x Enterprise )

Greetings,

I'm trying to connect the S7 to a public WiFi WPA network at the University where I work. A few friends with android cell phones showed me their successful setting to connect to this WiFi network.

But when I copy their settings and try them on the S7, I have a few issues. The first serious issue is that no matter what settings I enter in the different fields, the "connect" button at the bottom remains grey, i.e., it can not be pressed (see the red arrow in the picture below):

$wpa_menu1.jpg

The second issue may be related but not necessarily. When I click on the last field or submenu (green arrow in picture below), a blank row appears in which I can not enter any text and the only thing I can do then is to use the "back" button to leave this field.

$wpa_menu2.jpg

Has anyone else experienced WiFi WAP network connection issues wit the S7 ?

By the way, I can successfully connect my S7 to other networks (e.g. home WEP network).

thanks for any help!

Last edited:

docfreed

Dec 4, 2010
Am rooted using z4Root. On my other Android devices I can remove installed bloatware to free up a little operating memory - is that possible here, for example using Root Explorer or Titanium Backup?

I'd like to remove the native email app and the native browser, Facebook, Twidroyd, User Guide, etc.

Has anyone tried this and does it save OS memory?

Thanks in advance for any info

docfreed

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Have you tried it yet? Because titanium back up works for me

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

docfreed

Dec 4, 2010
Well I'm able to remove (delete) both Facebook and Twidroyd using Root Explorer and they no longer show up in the applications list or in the built-in apps (when pressing the icon w/four squares. At least deleting the apk's from the system directory might prevent them from starting up (I think). Any opinion?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Great work, what improvements have you seen? Did it free up memory? Did you benchmark before doing this? Excited to see the results!

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
I'm keeping "h-wa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"...I just love the tablet...think I wil rename it to "Megan"

DavidB

Dec 11, 2010
So far, I'm impressed with this little tablet, but I have a problem. Neither of my PCs will recognize the device. I get all red "X"s when the PC tries to install the device drivers. I'm running Win7 Home 64-bit on AMD dual-core machines (HP and eMachines). I tried downloading the USB driver from Huawei's website but the PCs say that driver isn't for this device. Any suggestions?

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
A large part of my need for a portable tablet is for a backlit ereader. It took me 24 hrs to figure out that the files for Aldiko need to be placed on the internal sd card. I had mine on the external sd card and they couldn't be seen by aldiko. :confused: Very frustrating to say the least. After I had my tablet downloading my books I found the post about this very thing. If this info is easier to find, maybe I can spare the next poor reader.

As a newbie, you can only read and hunt so fast.:eek:

So I suggest a sticky thread be dedicated to the ereaders that work on this tablet. If there already is one and I missed it, than please disregard this suggestion. Here is what I have found so far. Anyone else with more, please cut and paste the list and add to it. Thanks.:D

What works- Aldiko, Nook, Laputa, E-reader(fictionwise), adobe

Status
Not open for further replies.