Hurry up with the honeycomb update.... update!!!

zsir

Sep 1, 2011
There is a work around for the issue you describe above but while the work around will allow you to watch youtube videos in the Android Browser you will have a one tap limit on the video meaning if you tap to pause the video you will have trouble restarting it or if you tap to start the video you will have trouble tapping on the video to stop it. But don't worry because there is also a work around for the one tap limit too.

First the work around for no video. From what I have experienced that will only happen if you end up at m.youtube.com. So the next time you do not see any video scroll down to the very bottom of the page and tap on where it says "Desktop."

Now the work around for the one tap issue. With Gingerbread you could tap to start a video and tap in the same place to stop the video but with HC you have to tap somewhere off of the video before your next tap on the video will be recognized. It took me hours to figure that out and I still forget about it from time to time.

And the worst thing about taking me so long to figure out the work arounds for the funky flash player is it took me over a month before what I found out about the funky flash player ever got to someone that cared about it at Vizio.

Now I have a funny one for you. I've been working on a web page with two videos that are about 5 minutes long and if I try to bookmark my own page I end up with this:

View attachment 6465

What you see above is what I call a bleed through because part of my web page has ended up in the bookmarks.

And the HC VTAB can not play either one of those videos all the way through but the GB VTAB can play both them all the way through.

On top of that, if you press the bookmark button while a video is playing all you have to do to get the video to play in the bookmarks is press the home key then select the Browser again.

Now why would Vizio keep forcing their HC update on people when it clearly has more bugs than their GB ever had? I wish I knew.

bleed through...

I get that a lot with there android browser.

A window pops up that is actually part of the web page you are viewing but it is off to the side and it won't move over far enough to get to any of the selection boxes. At that point I just put the vtab down and use something else.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
bleed through...

I get that a lot with their android browser.

A window pops up that is actually part of the web page you are viewing but it is off to the side and it won't move over far enough to get to any of the selection boxes. At that point I just put the vtab down and use something else.

I believe it because I have a screen capture of what I call "Bleed through" that looks horendous. I'd post it here but it is pretty obvious there is a problem with it already.

Now for some good news. I have been calling Vizio so much with new issues that I get forwarded straight to their "Level 4 Tech Support" now. And today, the Level 4 Tech actually looked at my website addressing the Vizio update that went bad so maybe something will be done about at least one of those ten issues.

Apeman

Apr 28, 2012
Hey guys, i hope this helps but i have had a lot of good luck watching better quality youtube videos through the amazon app stores tubemate app. You cant watch high def videos without some buffering, but the next lowest quality videos look great and dont buffer. Plus you can download the high def videos to watch really quickly!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011

Roger2008

Apr 4, 2012
J515OP said:
Roger, if you are still considering the VTab as a server this might be for you Turn Your Phone Into a Server with Servers Ultimate – xda-developers.

JP

Oh cool. I'll give that a try and let you know what I think about it.

BTW I ended up using windows 2000 server under virtual pc under windows 2000 pro to host my viziovirus site so that way I can use that same computer for other operating systems too.

And talking about my viziovirus.com site I now have the hardware I wanted for the videos I want to make.

Sent from my HC (2.0) VTAB1008 using Android Tablet