HWVR Differences Need to be Researched

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks to cfrockit we know that there are at least 3 different Sylvania Tab hardware versions:
11.2.0.6 which is SYNET7LP,the one WITH the HDMI port
11.2.1.5 which is the SYTABEX7, the one WITHOUT the HDMI port.
11.2.1.8 which is one cfrockit found just messing around with the update server

What do we know about the differences in these? We should put it all in one place for reference.
Maybe a pic of the info screens of each?

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
Well I just bricked it.
Won't boot at all now.

So warning out there for those who want to try the .8 image on a .6 device

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I could be wrong here, but I would think that if the 2.1.5 is the EX7 and the 2.0.6 is the LP7 with the HDMI...
shouldn't the 2.1.8 be some where inbetween?
If the LP7 dosn't have the 1 I would think it's a different "model"
so it would stand to reason that if 2.1.5 is no HDMI or G Sensor then the 2.1.8 should have 1 of them or something else hard ware that the 2.1.5 doesn't.
Does anyone have the .8 tab? Any sysinfo apk would shed some light on this...

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Ive got an 11.2.1.8 which shows as model # synet7lp, the same as the 11.2.06..... Whats needed? let me know and ill upload to dropbox.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
I think any "sys info" apk will give you a list of some of the hard ware like g-sensor, memory size and that.
I have the EX7 and the sys info I ran said I have a g-sensor, but i have no way to turn it on.
it's these little things that would be helpful in the dev of roms that work for each of the 3 models.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I think any "sys info" apk will give you a list of some of the hard ware like g-sensor, memory size and that.
I have the EX7 and the sys info I ran said I have a g-sensor, but i have no way to turn it on.
it's these little things that would be helpful in the dev of roms that work for each of the 3 models.

Here's an example "System Info" and the "dmesg" output that applications like Electric Sheep's "Android System Info" interpret and display.

You'll see in the example, much more information is available running the adb command dmesg and capturing the output to a file for investigation.

The "dmesg" output for an 11.2.0.6 device has been posted in the Custom Sylvania ROM development thread.

Note: Comparing the Sylvania output to the example from the SuperPad there is not a lot of difference. This line is the only clue -

Code:
Kernel command line: console=ttySAC3,115200 androidboot.mode=normal bmagic=0xdb6db610
Different bmagic and NO "hwver" noted.

In this post on xda site regarding the Flytouch2 Froyo development that device display's the following kernel command line:

For working tablets:

console=ttySAC3,115200 androidboot.mode=normal bmagic=0xdb6db610 hwver=0.6.1.5

For non-working tablets:

console=ttySAC3,115200 androidboot.mode=normal bmagic=0xdb6db610
10" Sylvania tablet is identified as both - SYTAB10MT & SYNET10LP. This may also be an issue of the model being hard coded in to the Settings.apk.

"hwver"=11.6.1.5, 11.6.1.2, 11.6.3.1 are similar to the 0.6.1.2 & 0.6.1.5 Flytouch 2, SuperPad, WowPad, all infoTM devices.

Updated information related to more infoTMIC devices - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html

Last edited: