I can ONLY boot to recovery

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
Why are you reformatting the card? All you need to do is pull it and reboot.

When you boot up from the card into CWR you will see on the first screen "factory reset - wipe system/data". Do that. Right below it "wipe cache". Do that. Then go down to advanced, then wipe Davlik. Now go back choose install .zip from SD card (not update!), install the nightly then install the gaaps. Now go back a screen, pull the card and choose reboot. Give it time. It takes longer to boot the first time.

vizo

Jun 8, 2011
Why are you reformatting the card? All you need to do is pull it and reboot.

When you boot up from the card into CWR you will see on the first screen "factory reset - wipe system/data". Do that. Right below it "wipe cache". Do that. Then go down to advanced, then wipe Davlik. Now go back choose install .zip from SD card (not update!), install the nightly then install the gaaps. Now go back a screen, pull the card and choose reboot. Give it time. It takes longer to boot the first time.

My English seems to fail me..

I am doing the exact same things that you write in this post. After installing from the sdcard, I pull the sdcard out, reformat it in the PC (elsewhere in this forum I read that CM7 needs an sdcrad). Then I boot into recovery..

I will recheck if I am missing something, but it might be a hardware failure: The culprit may be the mechanism which decides that both power and n buttons are pressed during the boot process (both these buttons are not stuck). I know it is a wild guess..

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
elsewhere in this forum I read that CM7 needs an sdcrad

CM7 will run without one, but you are better off with one for backups, ROM upgrades, etc.....

The culprit may be the mechanism which decides that both power and n buttons are pressed during the boot process

You only need to press one button at a time for all of this. N selects the item highlighted, including the reboot option in CWR.

Save yourself some headaches and don't reformat the card until you have a working CM7 installed. Otherwise, when starting all over you may correct a previous error but create a new one.