i have a craig tablet model cmp738b

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
You'll have to wait until a Root comes out for it. The root for the CMP738A will brick a CMP738B. I found a good APK site where you can DL it to your tablet and install. But not all newer APK files will work on the Google Android 2.2.1 that CMP738B comes with.

datnguyen

Oct 20, 2011
Dear m3Red
Your informations are very valuable to me.
My son had flash CPM738B with ROM 738A download from Craig's website
And now when push Power, no thing happend on screen !!!
So where I can download any ROM can be replace original one (CMP738B) ??
Thanks a lots because spend your time !!!
SIncerely

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
I havent found a ROM for the CMP738B yet. I look everyday on the net and on Craigs site. Iv also emailed them asking when they will be posting it online. The best thing i would do is take it back to the place where you got it and exchange it for another one. By the sounds of it your CMP738B was bricked by flashing it with the CMP738A ROM.

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Thats great. All the other forms i was reading said that the CMP738A ROM would brick it. Did you use the ROM firmware from the Craig Web Site?

Nov 6, 2011
I cant get Android market to work and need to know how.

I'd like to know to.
I read, reread the instructions and nope. The Android MArket is accessible but will not download any apps.
WHY would they include the Android MArket App and not let me use it!!??
Picked up these tablets at Rite aid (their sale price coupled with a refund or two I was owed and they were <$80), for my twin 5yo nephews.
Price point is good for the destruction they are likely to cause.
I did expect, though, to be able to have them do sight words and play Angry Birds.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am "rooting" ignorant, but can learn if need be. Reading that there is not a way to root this model (yet?).

Thanks

MiffedTabletUser

Instructions per the PDF/manual

"Amazon App Store:
Click to browse the Amazon APP Store Main page.
Input your email address at "Get Started" which located at right top corner of main page, then click
"GO" button
"Quickstart" instructions will pop up on screen. (Please read and follow all procedures)
Then you will receive the app download link in your email from Amazon. Click it to start downloading.
After download the Amazon APP store (apk), you can go to file browser on the second page of menu,
apk file save as path (LocalDisk -> download -> Amazon App store apk). Double click it and finish
installation
Amazon App store will located at sub-menu automatically.
Note: please register your email account on the device, once the email is set, you can click the link in the
email for direct App download and install in the device."

rex2011

Dec 4, 2011
I'm sorry -- but did you say you got Craig tablets for five-year-olds...?

I'm as techno-crazy as the next person, but wouldn't actual BOOKS have been much cheaper and easier -- not to mention age-appropriate...? ;0)