I need help

cherano

Mar 13, 2012
First of all, sorry for my English.
I want to buy a tablet to work. My case is a bit complicated because I do everything a little and I'm sick of carrying 20 000 papers, computer, calculator, ...
I read in forums and in the end you get a mess, since it is difficult to assess without some comments user experience.
At the level of PC user I do not need help, I need a DONKEY GUIDE.
I tell you briefly the possible uses that I want to give.
Office. 50% of the time. Mail and calendar.
Business trip. 35% of the time. Mail, Calendar, Edit, download documents (Word, Excel, pdf, ... some are larger), connection to my server to access the program budget (the server works on Windows and now I do it with TERMINAL SERVER ) and CRM a future. Here I need A good battery and the screen looks good outside.
Star up industrial plants. 15% of the time. Same as above but also see planes in autocad and connect via wifi or internet to the PLC of the plant.
I have data phone (Samsung Galaxy S) and they told me not to buy a 3G connection that I can use the phone.
Some people recommended I buy a cheap one to explore the possibilities, but as I have no clear opportunities to explore and I'm always the risk of buying an underpowered computer that does not allow me to do some things.
I hope your comments.
Thanks in advance.

Feb 21, 2012
In what way can we become any help? Hehehe.. By giving you suggestions of what tablet should yoi buy I guess? :) IMO, if you need a tablet which can replace a laptop (to do some heavy office work), and you are not in a hurry, you should wait for a Windows 8 Tablet. I think they wil be more suitable for office work. But if you need it fast and you have the budget to buy it, I think ASUS Transformer Prime is a good choice, but of course you should buy the keybord dock. If you want better mobility, then maybe you should also consider smaller 7 inched tablet like Samsung Galaxy Tab and buy a keyboard dock. But I think, the office editing for Android is simply not good enough to replace a laptop. Maybe I have not found a good application yet. But if you only use it for answering emails, documents viewing, almost any decent Android powered Tablet will suit your need.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think the ASUS Transformer Prime is a good suggestion since it does have a nice keyboard doc. Also the Samsungs are good suggestions. Andy also gave good advice about MicroSoft Office since there is no first party support. You can get office apps like OfficeSuite, Documents To Go and QuickOffice that will let you work with MS docs. There are others and also the option of things like OnLive, Google Docs and MicroSoft SkyDrive which could work.

Mar 13, 2012
I think ASUS Transformer Prime is a good choice

song3.jpg
song2.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited: