I received my vi40 from androidinabox.com with a lot of problems

eliem

Apr 29, 2012
I have received my vi40 today from androidinabox.com
I have order the 16gb one.

First of all, before I open the box I read on it that it is 8gb and not 16gb

When I open the box I've removed the protective stickers from front and back and I noticed that is also a screen protector attached (very strange, do I received a used one?)
Anyway, I switched it on to chech the memory and indeed it's not 16gb. Also it seems to be a v1 which I think is not selling any more.

The BIG problem is the screen. I have never seen a crappier one. It is full of vertical 'white' lines, one diagonal and one horizontal of darker colour. Also, when I go to settings there is a 'shade' of the previous screen shown in the black backround.
Now I am waiting the reply of the seller.

Here are some photos:

2012-05-11203330.jpg

2012-05-11203444.jpg

2012-05-11203459.jpg

2012-05-11203514.jpg

IMG_3743.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3745.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3747.jpg

IMG_3749.jpg

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi eliem, we are sorry for sending you the wrong memory tablet. Our CS team followed your case and we will find a solution. Sorry again for the inconveniences caused.

eliem

Apr 29, 2012
Hi eliem, we are sorry for sending you the wrong memory tablet. Our CS team followed your case and we will find a solution. Sorry again for the inconveniences caused.

What about the screen? Click on the photos to see original size.

eliem

Apr 29, 2012
Also, I just noticed that the serial number on the tablet is different from the serial number on the box. WTF is hapening here?

ManUtdFans

May 19, 2012
OK, I am also thinking of buying VI40 Ultimate version.
So can Androidinabox briefly describe the problem of the OP so that I can have a clearer picture what problem I might encounter after I have ordered the Ultimate version?

What concerns me is Onda VI40 have problems?

eliem

Apr 29, 2012
OK, I am also thinking of buying VI40 Ultimate version.
So can Androidinabox briefly describe the problem of the OP so that I can have a clearer picture what problem I might encounter after I have ordered the Ultimate version?

What concerns me is Onda VI40 have problems?

I don't think there is a problem with all Vi40, maybe some devices are defective. That happens with samsung and apple as well.
Anyway, I have already sent the defective device back for replacement to Androidinabox who has eventually proved to be very helpful and honest seller.

BTW, I heard that screen problem can be fixed with a firmwear upgreat, I'm not sure though.

ManUtdFans

May 19, 2012
Where actually AndroidInaBox located?
Did you pay the postage if something goes wrong for replacement?

I worried about the postage from here in Australia to where AndroidInaBox is?

BTW, I visited their website says
"Sale on ALL onda products up to 50%"

I don't see any price reduced?

Last edited:

rob01792

May 19, 2012
i would know too as im looking at getting the the same 1 from AndroidInaBox and i dont want to be sending it back with problems i just want a smooth transaction