I think my tablet is done

Scoot

Mar 24, 2011
my son was messing with my tablet and when i pulled it away from him it was froze up. I rebooted it and now I am stuck at the coby screen. I had honeycomb b6 it was rooted and had clockworkmod. When I tried to wipe and factory reset I got this.

E: Can't Mount /dev/block/mtdblock5
(File Exists)
Error Mounting /data/!

So how far gone is my tablet I have looked all over as many forums as I could find. if anyone can help great if not I guess I am saving for a new tablet. Coby has been fun I really liked the little guy. and all you guys are awesome I am loving the roms. any help would be great. thank you

sickness

Apr 6, 2011
Try to hold back button (that silver circle) and push reset button on the back while holding that first one. If the clockwork recovery shows up try to flash rom again

Scoot

Mar 24, 2011
I have attempted to factory reset and reinstall the coby update numerous times. I have tried to reinstall any rom that I could find and nothing. not sure what else to do. thats what I get for being a noob and getting in to deep.

sickness

Apr 6, 2011
Did you make a backup before instaling honeycomb rom?? If you did try to run restore from clocwork recovery,

sickness

Apr 6, 2011
If you are in clockwork recovery mode go to backup and restore, select restore and you should see your backup file, if you don't see it,it means that you didn't do backup.

Scoot

Mar 24, 2011
I have been lurking for the last couple months so I am not totally lost. I tried to recover it attempted to but to no avail. I have two backups one from factory and one from watery. it goes to a short bootloader and then says install form sdcard complete. I attempted to use sdk but that is way over my head.

Scoot

Mar 24, 2011
so its saying my data and sd-ext I believe are not mounted and they are unable to mount if that helps at all. I guess screwing around with it cant hurt now.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
Can you boot it to a recovery menu?
green text - - - Clockworkmod
or
blue text --- Android System Recovery
Which do you get?
Did you try the
wipe data/factory reset before doing a restore?

Scoot

Mar 24, 2011
I am in to clockwork and I tried a wipe data/factory Reset that is where I get

E: Can't Mount /dev/block/mtdblock5
(File Exists)
Error Mounting /data/!

its almost as if my data wont mount or something. I know enough to break things but not enough to fix it ha ha

AeroToxin

Mar 28, 2011
This is almost exactly what happened to me, except I didn't get stuck at the boot screen. Turn the tablet on while holding the back silver button to get in clockworkmor recovery menu. Go to Mounts and Storage, then click on mount USB storage. Download this: http://db.tt/4l1TU4D and put it on your root of your sdcard (don't unzip it!). Unmount, do wipe data/factory reset, then choose apply sdcard:update.zip. That should do it. :) You'll be back to the stock rom that you get when you first take the tablet out of the box. So you'll have to root it again, put clockworkmod recovery back on, and make sure you make a backup. ;)

Last edited:

Scoot

Mar 24, 2011
yep did that already still no luck I think it is long gone. if anyone has any other advice or suggestions I would love to get it working if not should I get a new 7024 or something else.

When I do a wipe data/factory reset it tells me cant mount /dev/block/mtdblock5 (files exists) error mounting storage thing its like it wount mount the storage.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

Last edited:

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
mount is something the system does as it's booting. A new system would have a new set of mount points (instructions). The system with the bad mount point is most likely the problem.
The link AeroToxin gave you should be the way to reinstall an original update.zip. I think AeroToxin has done it.
Can you see the contents of the sdcard by using a PC and card reader? Then you could put the update.zip there. You may need to rename it to just update.zip. The Coby website has a video showing how to reinstall with update.zip. They go to the blue text screen, not the clockwordmod green text screen.
wipe data/factory reset by itself is not enough. You have to also install from update.zip.

Scoot

Mar 24, 2011
that might be my problem I will try it without clockwork and let you guys know how it goes.
one more question how do I get to the factory menu from clockwork? all I can get it to do is reboot and go into clockwork

Last edited:

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
"how do I get to the factory menu from clockwork? all I can get it to do is reboot and go into clockwork"
humm.... My tablet was always booting to the Android Recovery until recently, now I can only boot recovery to clockworkmod. I thought it was determined by /sdcard/recovery.img If so I'm not finding a good backup to go anywhere but clockworkmod now. I'm still searching.