I think something may be wrong with my USB 2.0 port??

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Not a single flash drive I have inserted is recognized by my device. I bought a special Sandisk fit micro 16gb for my A500, but I have tried many others, and I believe they may not be going in far enough. Is there some way to know what's wrong?

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Yup. There was something physically wrong with the port. I decided not to sweat it. Got a new one. Now all is perfect. ~~Sigh~~

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Glad you got that problem out of the way. Now you can get down to some serious playing. :eek:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
The full size USB port is the reason I chose the A500. That, and I like Acer products. I have their PC and laptop too.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Glad you got that problem out of the way. Now you can get down to some serious playing. :eek:
Oh, yes!! I am having some real serious fun.
But, pardon me if I add this, I installed some stuff I need for work (eesh), too.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Oh, yes!! I am having some real serious fun.
But, pardon me if I add this, I installed some stuff I need for work (eesh), too.

Oh no! That 4-letter word (work) that takes a lot of time away from the 3-letter word (fun)!

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Oh no! That 4-letter word (work) that takes a lot of time away from the 3-letter word (fun)!

frap, are you old enough to remember Maynard G. Krebs on the Dobie Gillis Show (played by Bob Denver, who would later become immortal as Gilligan)? Well, I am (and then some). He was the "beatnik" character who would have a harsh automatic reaction to that word: {screaching, looking terrified} "WORK??!!"

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
frap, are you old enough to remember Maynard G. Krebs on the Dobie Gillis Show (played by Bob Denver, who would later become immortal as Gilligan)? Well, I am (and then some). He was the "beatnik" character who would have a harsh automatic reaction to that word: {screaching, looking terrified} "WORK??!!"

I do remember that show, or reruns of it at least. LOL But you have your A500 to look forward to after doing all that W-O-R-K, so that might make the day go better for you...or, does that make it harder to get through the day because you can't wait to have fun?

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
The full size USB port is the reason I chose the A500. That, and I like Acer products. I have their PC and laptop too.

The full size USB port was one of the selling points to me too. It sure comes in handy. This is my first Acer product I ever owned and for their first tablet, they got it just about perfect. I just might have to seriously look at their newest ones in the future.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I do remember that show, or reruns of it at least. LOL But you have your A500 to look forward to after doing all that W-O-R-K, so that might make the day go better for you...or, does that make it harder to get through the day because you can't wait to have fun?
I am actually completely alone in my office. My boss strolls through a couple of times a day, but he makes a lot of noise with the door, so I can be forewarned. In other words, I have a lotttta temptation. The easiest thing to get away with is putting on UStream and watching the Friends of Felines Rescue Center's 24/7 kitty cam. Excuse. I have to do some real work (WORK!!!) right now. Sigh.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I am actually completely alone in my office. My boss strolls through a couple of times a day, but he makes a lot of noise with the door, so I can be forewarned. In other words, I have a lotttta temptation. The easiest thing to get away with is putting on UStream and watching the Friends of Felines Rescue Center's 24/7 kitty cam. Excuse. I have to do some real work (WORK!!!) right now. Sigh.

;):D;):D I can identify with that scenario. Too bad you can't put bells on his shoestrings for added safety.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011

I think you need a BOSS key somewhere. Touch it and the screen goes black - touch screen and it comes up again.

Funny thing is, I'm a roving tech and I have plenty time and opportunity to do this stuff, but I never do. If I get behind in my work it is still me that has to do the work anyway. Besides my boss knows I have a tablet and that I carry it around all day - he went out and bought one himself (he's got three). And for the record he is a good boss.