ICS on C71... is i just as fast as Android 2.3?

Discussion in 'Zenithink Tablets' started by androidfc, Jan 30, 2012.

1. androidfc

androidfc Member

Tablet / Device:
    ZT280 C71
    How is ICS on the C71? Is it better than Android 2.3? Trying to decide to upgrade, but I dont want it to slow down the tablet..

2. cpt_noob

cpt_noob Member

Tablet / Device:
    Zenithink ZT-280 C91 Cortex A9
    I have the 10" model, zt-280, and it has the same chip/board as the C71, just larger.

the official ICS is kind of bloated, and has alot of the codecs removed. but it is a LOT more stable than 2.3

if you google SjPedro's custom rom you'll find a really nice build. He removed the bloatware, and added some of the codecs back in.

but flash doesn't work. I think there's a way to force it to work on the official build, but not on SjPedro's. but with that said, i still like the custom rom just because it's so much faster. (much better than the GB build)

3. androidfc

androidfc Member

Tablet / Device:
    ZT280 C71
    When you say the "Official ICS" do you mean the one on the Zenithink site? Is that the one that's bloated? By the way, when I play video on my C71, the screen is stretched out. I'm hoping to fix that problem when I go to ICS... but I hear Flash is not working yet on ICS, so I guess I should wait.

So you're saying ICS is faster? Do you mean the touch screen is more responsive? is browsing faster?

Thanks for your input!

4. McBub.com

McBub.com Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Ainol NOVO 7 Paladin, NOVO 7 Elf, Samsung Galaxy SII, iPad 2
    We already do the updated, check the post here, we attach some photos, in our opinion,it is better than android 2.3 OS.