If you were going to buy a 10" tablet, which would you get?

majakat

Dec 29, 2010
Fellow Nook Color folks-

I really like my nook color, but would also like a 10" tablet - any recommendations?

Catherine

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
lots of choice coming up - i've been playing with the google IO limited edition one which will have its consumer counterpart launching soon - the Samsung Galaxy Tab - i really like this one - very sharp screen, lightweight, HC 3.0. It is very snappy, and fast (relative to the nook)

Now the honeycomb OS on this has some quirks - not all apps i can find with my nook show up on the HC market, and i've encountered one or two FCs. I also played witha Xoom and hands down the samsung wins

Fellow Nook Color folks-

I really like my nook color, but would also like a 10" tablet - any recommendations?

Catherine

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Honestly, I'm kinda waiting on the Amazon tablet. Rumor has it that it's going to be pretty boss, and quite affordable. I've already started taking overtime and took a contract job on the side so I'm going to be ready for whatever Q4 brings my way.

Candlestick

Mar 30, 2011
Honestly, I'm kinda waiting on the Amazon tablet. Rumor has it that it's going to be pretty boss, and quite affordable. I've already started taking overtime and took a contract job on the side so I'm going to be ready for whatever Q4 brings my way.

I think it'll be a quality device.

But I also think it'll be feature lite = in terms of adding your own content via uSD card - USB - content. I think the reason Amazon is willing to sell them cheaper < if they go that route > is the ability to leverage their services as the solution to drive content on your Amazon Tablet. < amazon market - Cloud storage @ monthly storage fee they can annuitize - some future Apple apps to use that data >

I'm still watching for rollouts before I pick a tablet - but this summer is definitely interesting one for Honeycomb's first step t- chop down the apple tree. Or at least - trim some of it's extra growth to get some of that Sunlight for Android.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Im a xoom owner who has been looking for a 7" tab. I prefer Moto products for their superior build quality.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'd wait a little longer. Tablets are finally just starting to come as promised. 6 months from now there should be some good options.

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Just got my first extra paycheck of the summer. Put that into savings so I don't touch it until I really need a new tablet. At the moment, though, the NookColor is doing just fine as a tablet for me. Still waiting with bated breath for the Q4 announcements.

Originally I had wanted a NotionInk Adam, but it doesn't seem to live up to any of the hype. Apparently their customer support is top knotch and software updates are making it more awesome, but I can't see myself spending that sort of money for something that's already out of date.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Extreme Rhyno,what'sthe Q4 you are talking about? What does" bated breath" means, I never heard that expression even though I ' ve been living in the States for a long time....I ' m from Italy. I noticed you live in Brazil...I doubt they sell the nook there! I apologyze for my nosyness.gloria

ExtremeRyno

Jan 16, 2011
Q4 is short for 4th Quarter (October/November/December) of the year. I'm not really from Brazil, but as I didn't really know the type of forum before I joined, I faked it. "Bated Breath" is an expression meaning "I'm holding my breath with great hopes" or something similar. Q4 is usually when the really cool stuff comes out so I expect announcements in the next few months as to what 10" tablets are to be expected.

BKAlley

Jun 19, 2011
I got an Iconia because it looks different, matches or beats other HC3.0 tablets specs, works out of the box unlike Xoom, and was $150 LESS than Xoom.
Note: If you read books outdoors, keep your reader. Tablets are terrible outdoors.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
According to Digitimes (Taiwanese tech site), Amazon is poised to launch its tablet August-September timeframe and they are calling 4 million units by end of 2011 - to put this in perspective, Apple shipped 7 million iPad units in Q4 last year