Installing new internal MicroSd on Kyros 1024_N

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I used the vieo down below as a guide, as I am sur a lot of people have. But I noticed that you could see the little hole in the case where he used the compass point to sart the clips. I check out the case and ended up using a guitar pick to sart on the left hand side of the empty microsd slot. There is a clip right the and it popped easily, and the whole side popped with it down to the left corner. The corners are a little stiff but I just worked gently from that corner clockwise. It took about 5 minutes to have it open and my test card inside. I tested both my 32GB Class 4 and my 16GB Class 6 with CFW GingerLF EVO and both worked perfect. I ended up using the 16GB since it was a little faster.

$P1010036.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
thanks for the vid, so the internal memory is just a microsd, right? oh i wish i have guts to open my coby 1024 so i can replace the 4gig with 16gig. and then i have additional 16gig for external slot that makes 32gb.wew..hehehe..

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
The vids not mine it's just one going around but I just found and easier way. There really isn't anything to it. You can buy the tools which include two pick, two plastic pry tool, and a couple screwdrivers on amazon for $4 plus shipping. If it's new just wait a little while to let some of the shiny wear off. LOL When you open it, face down with the battery on the right. The microsd is on the lower left corner under some tape. you need to take the tape off carefully because you will need to re-use it.

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
I've always wondered if a class 10 internal card would make some difference in the speed up. Did you run any benchmark test comparing both of the microsd ?

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I've always wondered if a class 10 internal card would make some difference in the speed up. Did you run any benchmark test comparing both of the microsd ?
I only did a class 6 and when I ran CaffeineMark and Quadrant it was hard to say the difference was from the card or just normal variance. After a few tests I got an average of 200pts more in CM and about 125 in Quadrant, but that is also with a clean ROM. I think for them to take advantage of Class 10 they have to be ver 3.0 compliant and I don't know if they are. I can say on my Flytouch going from Class 2 to Class 4, then to Class 10 you could see differences playing videos. The background on wide shot with a lot of action got much better.

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Can I do this internal sdcard change on my coby 7024 too? Any ideas or links on how to do it?

prog19

Dec 26, 2011
Do as you see in the video. It's shows 1024, but you can do the same in all xx24 line, and god bless coby for that.

I'm on the verge of doing that procedure to expand the internal memory

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
Do as you see in the video. It's shows 1024, but you can do the same in all xx24 line, and god bless coby for that.

4GB is just not enough. Looks easy to do on the video. What happens after I do it is what I'm afraid of, what's the next step? Re-install my current rom?

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Can I do this internal sdcard change on my coby 7024 too? Any ideas or links on how to do it?

I have heard it is possible on all xx24. I know for sure you can on the 8024 and 1024. Since they keep the designs so similar I would assume it on the 7024 too.

4GB is just not enough. Looks easy to do on the video. What happens after I do it is what I'm afraid of, what's the next step? Re-install my current rom?

Yep just place your favorite rom on the external microsd and boot.

jenlou

Dec 23, 2011
I have heard it is possible on all xx24. I know for sure you can on the 8024 and 1024. Since they keep the designs so similar I would assume it on the 7024 too.

Yep just place your favorite rom on the external microsd and boot.

Thanks Kairnage, I'll try to do it and hopefully it would work.

Finally got the courage to open up the device to change the internal sdcard. Slowly did it, but still created some scratches but it's not that bad as long as it was a successful. For those curious, the sdcard is close to the HDMI port. Didn't expect to see my board to say MID 7025 but still okay, it's just the board, I think. Happy that I was able to do it. Thanks.

Last edited:

lionelannie

Dec 24, 2011
Nice I put in my mpman a 16go micro sd card and in external 32 go it's very easy to open and change items thanks for this post dear friends