Is it possible to put Android 4.xx on a SYNET7LP-DS?

bigreid

May 7, 2012
SYNET7LP-DS, ..."dollar store tablet", maybe, but it was given to me as a gift, brand new, and although I am no newbie to computers, or
hacking for performance improvements, I am brand new to Tablets, and there is only so far one can go, intuitively.

That is why I am glad I found this forum, and hope to learn a good bit about this thing.

I can tell this little thing has hidden potential, and am truly curious as to weather or not Android 4.xx could even be installed on this model.

Being this is a, "dollar store tablet", Sylvania has absolutely ziltch on their website, as far as serious support file downloads, upgrades, etc.

But then, that's where hacking comes in.

Here are the current stats of my unit, if this would help anyone:

Model Number:
SYNET7LP-DS

Android Version:
DG2.20

Hardware ID:

Firmware ID:
DG2.21-7C3.B5

Thanks for any help.

johnnyspork

Oct 25, 2012
Highly unlikely you'll be able to put 4.xx on that tablet, there's a lot of resources available in the Sylvania section here about what you CAN do with it: Sylvania Tablets

Also, if you wouldn't mind doing me the favor, is there any way you could back up that device's firmware for me? A friend of mine wants me to try to get his bricked model to work, and yours is one of the few posts I've found with that specific Hardware ID where the device is actually working.... Thanks in advance!