Is this common?

Aya

Aug 17, 2011
recently bought a Wopad i7 RK2918 from pandawill. I was very happy with my purchase, used for about 2 weeks and then white screen...Nothing to do with it. I contacted Pandawill, they made me take a video of the problem and post it on youtube then get them the link.

Now, they want me to bring it to a local electronic repair shop, they say it's a small problem, just the cable of the screen...I asked for an exchange, but all they will do is tell me to bring it to a repair shop or send it to them so they get it fix!

I want to now if its common to have to bring a new tablet (i considere it new, it as only 2 weeks of use) for the cable of the screen...

I new this could happen when a bought the tablet from china, but i sincerely tought it would work ok for more than 2 weeks...I'll bring it to a repair shop and see what they can do with it...

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
Hello Aya, this is not meant to add insult to injury but this is the exact reason I cannot stress enough to people that you get what you pay for. If you try to save a few bucks and cheap out on no name or knock off brands it's actually going to cost you more in the long run. If this happened to your screen 2 years after purchase it wouldn't be so bad, but 2 weeks? Seriously? If that doesn't raise any flags I don't know what would. My opinion, chalk it up as a hard lesson learned and invest in a company that is better known for manufacturing products that are stable. This might sound harsh, and I'm in NO way trying to offend you or make you feel worse than you already do Aya, but I'd rather tell you the truth than sugar coat the situation because that's just the way I am and I'm telling you this for your own good, of course it's just my opinion. In response to your question, yes this is common but only in cases like this when people buy cheap products.

Even if you do take it to the repair shop and get it fixed, do you think honestly this company you purchased the tablet from is going to cover the cost? Maybe, but I doubt it. Besides, even if they did pay for it think of the time you've already wasted and it's the screen this week and who knows what will go the week after that?

I just read the following on their site:

"For all products that you purchased from our store, you have 7 days from the date your receive to exchange for a new one if the product is defective"

"For all products that you purchased from our store, we offer one year free repair service. If this happens in the first month after you receive the product, we ship the repaired product back to you free of charge. Otherwise, you pay the shipping cost"

These terms don't sound very enticing to me. You say it's been 2 weeks so perhaps the cost MIGHT be covered after all, but what about the next time it breaks or something goes wrong, it's going to end up costing you more than it's worth. If I were you I'd demand a full refund and look into buying something else.