jkat

jkat

Feb 25, 2013
Hello my name is jkat i live in indiana and i purchased a svp 4.0 7 inch tablet for christmas and was working fine unti l to day and now it is froze. any ideads on to fix or do i have a boat anchor?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Jcat, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello my name is jkat i live in indiana and i purchased a svp 4.0 7 inch tablet for christmas and was working fine unti l to day and now it is froze. any ideads on to fix or do i have a boat anchor?

Though I am not familiar wih the SVP tablet, is there a small hole on one side or the other small enough that a paper clip is the only thing that would fit. If so that's a hard reset for a frozen tablet but it sounds like something else is going on. If it isn't hung up could explain a little more about the problem?

jkat

Feb 25, 2013
Yes i have tried the small hole in back i have also held power button and volume at same time and nothing happens. The svp logo comes on then to the green android screen then to the words android and stops right there and will stay there until you shut it down. From the word android it use to go into the next screen which was the home screen.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm taking a real wag here bit try this. In the off position hold the volume - then also the power button and hold it until you see some writing top left then let go of both buttons. If that doesn't work, do the same with volume +. If that doesn't get you to a different screen I'm out of ideas.

jkat

Feb 25, 2013
Okay tried your suggestion and that did not work either in fact holding both the power button and volume at the same time it will not respond at all and when i press the volume button first postive or negative then the power button it will not respond. Do they make a firmware for this or is there any way i can take battery out and put back in or is that fesiable?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I wish I could help but as I said, I'm out of options. Many of the 3rd party (out there, lesser known), tablets are not well supported by the manufacturers as far as firmware updates.