Just Got Jelly Bean!

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Wow it moved all my stuff and changed my widgets, but my tab seems faster and more responsive. More to follow, oh and my tab never said there was an upgrade but when I plugged it into Keis it said firmware update and bingo Android 4.1.1!!!!

Jim

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
I've never had my tab crash when using clipboard. Plus were you expecting 4.2, I'm happy they upgraded to jellybean.

Jim

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
I've never had my tab crash when using clipboard.
Happens to some. Doesn't to others. Happened to me. It is a known problem. Search on "Samsung clipboard crash".

Plus were you expecting 4.2, I'm happy they upgraded to jellybean.
Jim
I was hoping for 4.1.2. Devices running 4.1.1 continue to report the problem. In fact: Some reports indicate it's actually worse on 4.1.1: Not crashing "just" apps, but the entire device.

Jim

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Well I tested all my apps so far so good. Plus I tried clipboard and no problems will continue to test.

Jim

james23p

Nov 15, 2011
Still going strong, my only problem is there are a lot of changes on how things work so I'm learning all over again. Also it seems we have lost the screen shot function button/shortcut, but I might not have found it yet. Plus I understand flash is no longer supported but my flash app still seems to work. Is there a way to test this because if it is not supported I will delete flash player.

Jim

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
As far as the Samsung clipboard crash problem:

• If James never had it in the first place, with ICS, his odds of dodging it with JB are better. Nobody knows, for sure, and Samsung isn't saying (if they even know), but the bug seems dependent upon timing, the combination of apps in use, the phase of the moon, or...???
  • This bug doesn't necessarily strike right out of the gate. It didn't hit me until after two weeks of use. For others it took longer. For still others it was almost instantaneous.
  • Numerous users that had updated devices to 4.1.1 initially reported "It's fixed!," only to return, later, with "I guess not" and even "It's actually worse."
  • Users having updated to 4.1.2 have reported "It's fixed!," but that hasn't been in the wild long enough for that to be definitive.
The problems here are:

• Samsung has never even officially/formally acknowledged the bug exits, despite more than ample evidence it does. Thus...
  • Samsung has not announced what version(s) of what release(s) on what device(s) have been fixed
As a result: Essentially any update remains suspect until...? Well, until who-knows-when?

I sincerely hope it's fixed with 4.1.1. I'd really like to get it on my Tab 2 10.1.

One last thing am I the only one who updated?
I've gone into Settings -> Info -> Update for the last three nights and checked. I get "no update available."

Jim

mikee

May 29, 2011
downloading update now over ota its going to take an hour or so for it to download. I hope this fixes my issue of synced songs from windows media player showing up as untagged so i have no idea what they are. Good thing too I was getting pretty close to just rooting and installing cyanogenmod or something but I would have to wait until my warranty is up

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Saw on the Galaxy tablet forum that JB was showing up OTA for Tab 2 10.1. Got home, turned on the tablet, did a manual check, it was there. Took about 40 minutes to download and install.

Now to see if the clipboard bug is gone. Crossing my fingers.

Jim

FiOS_Dan

Oct 20, 2012
Powered on tonight and the JB update just started automatically. Way too soon to tell for sure but my tab seems a bit faster.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk HD