Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
This would be awesome too........this is an example why buying generic tablets from...

I don't know about the US but when I purchased the Kinpad the P1000 was £200 (US$300) more expensive, plus I doubt if people who purchased a P1000 in Jan/Feb have been upgraded to Gingerbread, so I'm still happy with my purchase.

It would be truly great if the P1000 options work.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Yes, P1000 is running gingerbread. You can buy a used P1000 off of ebay for 50 or 60 dollars cheaper than the kinpad. I am not sure which S. galaxy it is but you can pick one up for 349.00 at radio shack, still cheaper and better. I paid 399.00 plus shipping plus shipping again for hardware issues, waited 90 days to get my tab back to learn that I cant even power the unit on due to a two dollar proprietary power supply, the sale of this power supply that seems to elude the internet stores completely.

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Show China says the Samsung charger will not work.:mad: "And they are right the 30 pin connector doesn't even fit in the kinpad slot":mad:

Looks like I'll be chopping up an IPAD cable. Oh well at least we now know the power supply can only be purchased from kinpad manufacturers good luck with that.:(

Last edited:

Airvan

Mar 5, 2011
I found out, that the new 1.4 Firmware version is not compatible with some Apps from the Android Market, e.g. Youtube-App, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Air and some other stuff...

Any solutions or do I have to wait for a newer firmware?

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
I found out, that the new 1.4 Firmware version is not compatible with some Apps from the Android Market, e.g. Youtube-App, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Air and some other stuff...

Any solutions or do I have to wait for a newer firmware?

I believe this is what alphawave7 mentioned a few pages back, Android Fragmentation. I tried installing Google Earth yesterday but it's not available in the latest market. However you'll find messages that "Google is your friend"! If you search and find the relevant .apk file (I searched: google earth apk) you can download it onto your sd card (in Android). You can then click on the downloaded file using the installed FileManager and select 'open'. It then installs the app (you will have to go to settings, applications and check the box 'Unknown Sources' - don't forget to uncheck this once the app's installed).

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Thank you so much madin.....here is the ipad cable mod follow up....;) it would be better if you can, to use heat shrink instead of tape.

:mad:Make sure the car charger or any charger you buy is the correct voltage or lower. I am only doing this because I have no choice. Higher than kinpad listed voltage may damage the tablet...:mad:

"C&P.......FROM MADINS POST"

What I did:
1) I used a common USB extension cable, preferred a short one.
2) Carefully I opened the cable jacket with sharp knife.
3) I saw four wires coloured red, black, green and white. No wires where hurted:)
4) The red and black one are the powersupply of the USB connection.
5) The other two, one is white and the other green, (colours may vary) I cut through.
6) The white wire of the ipad recharger side I electrical insulate with tape.
7) The green wire of the ipad recharger side I electrical insulate with tape.
8) The white and green wire to the KINDPAD I shortcut.
9) The shortcutted wires I electrical insulated with tape
10) If the red and/or black wire got hurted during step 2, electrical insulate them with tape too
11) I summurized all electrical wires and put tape around to fix them again

Now the IPAD wall recharger works since a couple of weeks fine with my KINDPAD.

By the way the charging cable comes with the wall charger of the IPAD works well with my kindpad as a charging cable and USB connection :)

$kinpad i600 cable mod.jpg

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Eprom101,

Are you gonna try the cable with a car charger? I'm interested to see if it works. I so then I'm gonna do it too.

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Eprom101,

Are you gonna try the cable with a car charger? I'm interested to see if it works. I so then I'm gonna do it too.

Yeah, Ill try the car charger next and post my findings. The really cool thing about this mod is, I am now able to charge the kinpad via the usb port on my PC. Madin cut a usb "extender" cable because he didnt want to cut the ipad cable so he can also use it for data transfer and charging. I cut the ipad cable and Im using it strictly for charging. Im using a longer ipad cable for usb data transfer.;)

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
Car charger works great too................LOL!! Hey toby, can you list the voltages off of your home charger? I threw mine away. People need to know the voltages if they are going to attempt this cable mod so they can buy the correct charger.

The home charger I bought is :

USA plug
input 100-240V~
50/60Hz 0.18A
output 5V-1A
Walmart

The car charger is:

USB2.0 CAR Charger
INPUT: DC12-24V

OUTPUT: 5V 2A/2000mA
Overload Protection (3A Fuse)
ebay

The home charger that came with the tablet is: Input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 0.45A
Output 5.0 VDC 2A

Does the cable also work as a sync cable?

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Read post #534 It will only work for data if you cut a usb "extender cable" loop is on the 30 pin side. combined cables = charging / single cable = data

$cut-extension-cable.jpg

Last edited:

kevin070982

Jul 14, 2011
Hi all.

My pad stops rotating the screen since yesterday.
Did anybody has or had the sane problem?
I did serveral restarts but still the same.

I am on the v1.4

Sent from my I60M using Tapatalk

kevin070982

Jul 14, 2011
You mean the one on the right. Doesen't help.
I can switch it on and off.
Still not response.

Haha now it is working again.
Made 20 reboots and throw it on the table - voila it rotate the sceeen again.

Strange bur it works.

Sent from my I60M using Tapatalk

Last edited: