Kyros Mid8127 Major Issue - Need to restore back to Stock Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Coby Generation 2' started by bradg, Dec 5, 2012.

1. bradg

bradg Member

Hey there, wondering if anyone can help at all!!!!

So i bought a Coby Kyros Mid8127 from Amazon reseller which arrived earlier this week.
    When i booted the tablet up i noticed that it was all in German and seemed to be running on Jelly bean which i thought was odd as on the box it shows gingerbread 2.3. also the whole touchscreen is out of sync and the touch does not correspond to an actual button or anything. So in other words it it virtually impossible to navigate or do anything on the damn thing currently.

What i am assuming is that the reseller must have tried to install the german update onto the tablet (after searching i found that they posted a jellybean upgrade a while ago)

I miraculously managed to navigate my way into settings and turn on USB debugging (took me about 4 hours). But what i really need to be able to do is to be able to get it back to the factory settings of Gingerbread 2.3.

Problem is i have searched high and low and i cannot find any information about how to achieve this at all..i called Coby and they were absolutely useless to say the least..

I would really appreciate if anyone can offer any help or assistance with this as i have been intending on giving this to my son for Xmas so really want to have it working by then..

thanks all

2. CrashCart9

CrashCart9 Member

Tablet / Device:
    MID8127
    Found this thread because I'm in the exact same boat. I can plug in a USB mouse and navigate around that way, but the touchscreen is worthless since it's so out of sync. Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm trying to find a way to downgrade, but I don't have a backup as it came this way.

3. surgeman

surgeman Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz T301,Coby 7016,8125,7035,HKC 7",Aluratec AT107F,Coby MID8065,Archos Carbon 97
    Have you tried to factory reset and clear cache in recovery and let it restart and see if it resolves the issue?If so..post back and I'll link you to the original Gingerbread stock rom for it...

Oh and by the way..The Coby Mid8127 is a also a clone of MPMAN MP 827 if you ever look for custom firmware in the future for it..

Update:Here's the links with the correct calibration for the 8127 with ICS and Jelly Bean

http://www.4shared.com/zip/kRtP75Ve/Kiiv_ICS_041.html
    http://www.4shared.com/zip/2oKf_To_/Kiiv_JB_061.html

Enjoy!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  4. vdn_gol

vdn_gol Junior Member

Links not working. Please, update it.