Lenovo A2109 init.d discussion thread

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
init.d!!!

Alright everybody, lets talk about it :D

Here is a post from XDA: [MOD][APK+SCRIPT+ZIP] Enable Init.d for Any Phones w/o Need of Custom Kernels!!! - xda-developers
It basically add init.d support to our tablet. All credit goes to Ryuinferno, the creator of the post.

Also, as Linsalata28 mentioned on one of his comment, there is an app call Pimp My ROM, which can verify if your tablet has init.d support or not, and also the app can activate init.d support too if you don't have it. I personally prefer the app because all you need to do is just download it from the play store :D

After experienced by
ramdyc, Pimp my Rom can enable init.d. So for now, you guys can just install this app, and enable the init.d so you can tweak your tablet a little bit.

Okay, What kind of script should we add? :D

For those who are reading this thread, you should go get flashallthetime's ROM (
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/lenovo-ideatab-a2109-development/52614-new-version-jelly-bean-rom-inverted-gapps.html). He has init.d enable on his ROM with many different tweaks :D :D Now the ROM even has a custom kernel thanks to vampirefo. :) :)

Last edited:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Alright i tried the Pimp My Rom app, and i believe this app can add most of the tweak to the ROM. I add some tweaks on my ROM and i can see there is a new file on the init.d folder. So in my opinion this is a pretty nice app that add init.d script to your tablet without you making a new file and type it yourself :D

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Alright i tried the Pimp My Rom app, and i believe this app can add most of the tweak to the ROM. I add some tweaks on my ROM and i can see there is a new file on the init.d folder. So in my opinion this is a pretty nice app that add init.d script to your tablet without you making a new file and type it yourself :D

Yeah its a pretty cool app. I've been using it on my phone since it was a aroma flashable zip, before they made the app.

I was looking up some scripts and found this thread on XDA. May be worth looking at.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1227269

Edit: I haven't looked through PMR in a while. They have added pretty much any mod I was thinking about adding in init.d. It also has LMK settings. Iguess I'll mess with that since I can't seem to get v6 working right now. IDK how I didn't think to mess with the app till now.

Last edited:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
Yeah its a pretty cool app. I've been using it on my phone since it was a aroma flashable zip, before they made the app.

I was looking up some scripts and found this thread on XDA. May be worth looking at.
[TWEAKS][SCRIPTS] Collection of 'em all - build.prop; init.d; etc. - xda-developers

Edit: I haven't looked through PMR in a while. They have added pretty much any mod I was thinking about adding in init.d. It also has LMK settings. Iguess I'll mess with that since I can't seem to get v6 working right now. IDK how I didn't think to mess with the app till now.

The Pimp My Rom basically has all the script setting. I was looking at the same thread before too. The thing that interesting me is Ondemand governor tweak. I checked the script that the Pimp My Rom added to my init.d, and i believe it is basically the same as the script on the tweak script collection on XDA. So just read the script as a way to understand the script, but add script with Pimp My Rom :D

Oh i forgot, on that post about scripts, there is a scripts for build.prop about increase the touch responsiveness, which i believe is not an option on the app:
{
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
}

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
There's quite a few init.d tweaks available from pimp my rom, going to do a benchmark and see if performance has improved

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
There's quite a few init.d tweaks available from pimp my rom, going to do a benchmark and see if performance has improved

Theoretically it improves, but not sure if its significant improvement or not :) post some comment after you finish the benchmark please. I am wondering about the benchmark too :D
Oh by the way, i didn't touch the Multitasking tweak 'cause im not sure what it does.

Last edited:

ramdyc

Dec 26, 2012
I just downloaded pimp my rom to try to use it to enable init.d support, rebooted, and did the verification and it says it worked. This would have come in handy when I was trying to swap the internal and external sdcard mount points at boot but being new to android I had no idea what init.d was so I just assumed the app I was using to swap the mount points just didn't work on our tabs lol.

So yeah, just confirming that you can use pimp my rom to enable init.d support. I haven't actually tried any init.d tweaks but according to pimp my ROM it worked.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Theoretically it improves, but not sure if its significant improvement or not :) post some comment after you finish the benchmark please. I am wondering about the benchmark too :D
Oh by the way, i didn't touch the Multitasking tweak 'cause im not sure what it does.

The multitasking tweaks is more or less the internal task killer. Android has its own way to kill apps and those tweaks just changes the way it does that.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
No go on benchmark same as before 12820

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Hmm guess the init.d just make the ROM runs better, not really increase the performance. So only changing the CPU or GPU frequency will help the score i guess? :D

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I guess but the reading of internal and external sdcards tweaks should show some performance improvements but I guess not

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I guess but the reading of internal and external sdcards tweaks should show some performance improvements but I guess not

Hmm no wonder why its so easy to enable and add script(or should i say copy and paste the code? XD)... well at least we discovered something new isn't it? :D I guess i should just focus on modifying kernel and finding the no sound problem on the ported ROM from vampirefo. :)