Looking for Google Play .apk for my MID7127

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can find an apk for the new Google Play market? I installed Android market on my 7127 last December exactly according to The Kwa's instruction videos but it has never worked properly, and it also never updated when market became Google Play. So I'd like to try using an apk, but have no idea where to get one. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2/34066-android-market-coby-7127-a.html

Knew it had to be here somewhere. I did it all straight from the tablet and it took all of 2 minutes. I'm in the store now!

Thank you. I installed the files, but it won't let me log in. Says it can't establish a reliable connection to the server, which is what it's been doing for the last couple of days with the old install I got from The Kwa's message thread. The fact that you can get on and I can't means the problem is on my end, not Google's. I can't get on the Market at all, and some of my apps refuse to work now because they have to verify themselves through the market app. Sigh. Looks like I'm going to have to go for a factory reset, if I can figure out how...

ACE61502

Dec 14, 2011
Settings: Privacy: Factory data reset

Did it earlier today due to the screen going berserk and the eerie screaming the thing was doing at random times. So far so good. I'm not rooting this thing until I'm confidant it won't happen again.

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
Did it. Wow. That's the first time I've seen the lock screen since late December. Now I need to get the wifi set up again and reinstall the market and see if that finally fixes the problem. I'll report back. Wish me luck!

Edit: Nope. "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." Despite the fact that I've done a full reset and the wifi is fully functional and connected. I don't know what to do now.

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
It could be router settings try b/g only rather than b/g/n. Worked fr me last year on my old wm8650 tab.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
It could be router settings try b/g only rather than b/g/n. Worked fr me last year on my old wm8650 tab.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Son of a gun! Somehow it worked! I'm on the market again! Thank you so much!

I hadn't touched my router settings since I installed the thing last summer, long before I purchased this tablet. Why changing it now made all the difference when it worked before, I have no idea. Now I just have to go through The Kwa's rooting process again so I can access all my apps on the market and maybe, just maybe, it'll work right this time...

Thanks again! I really thought my little tablet was going to be permanently exiled from the market.