Setting up my New 1125. Installed Flash, Mrkt Place, what else to look for?

mattb16teg

Jan 6, 2012
Hey guys!
So I just got my new 1125 last night and have already installed the marketplace and other google apps as well as Flash. I tested flash by going to a website, OKAYDAVE to verify the installation. I am pretty much using 4share to find all the APK's of apps I want.

Other than using Z4root (using this on my Droid 2 currently) are there any other ways to get more market apps, such as Facebook, Pandora, etc. I don't mind having to find new APK's but it's annoying that when a new version comes out I have to find the APK and manually update the version again.

Any ideas?

Any pointers?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
z4root is to root your device and once you use it once on a device it doesnt do anything else for you. But you said you installed the market so why dont you just install apps from there

mattb16teg

Jan 6, 2012
z4root is to root your device and once you use it once on a device it doesnt do anything else for you. But you said you installed the market so why dont you just install apps from there

Correct, as I said I am aware of this. I understand what z4 and rooting in general does (have just heard you need to be rooted to edit certain sys files to trick the market into thinking you are using a different device), I'm new to the apparent market limitations with different devices.
These apps are not listed in the Marketplace. This is a known thing apparently.

I have already installed these apps by loading the APK installer package but do not want to have to do this each time an app is updated.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
gotcha have you tried any other markets like amazon or getjar to see if those work and if they have more of the apps you want

mattb16teg

Jan 6, 2012
gotcha have you tried any other markets like amazon or getjar to see if those work and if they have more of the apps you want

LoL def not GetJar! That is awful!
You know what, I forgot about Amazon, I will try that but doubt it.

I believe the underlying issue here is that Google changes the Market based on your device. Which makes sense however, let's take for instance the Facebook app. That is not shown in the marketplace (which is correct because it deems the device to be "incompatible") however when I download and install the APK for Facebook, it works perfectly.

Just trying to find a way around this, or as much as I want to avoid it, altering sys files to accomplish this task.