Looking Into The Android Market

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Okay, so here's the thing. I have been through, Apple(uhh just uhh!), now with Microsoft(Can I hear no updates lol), now I have decided to hit up the Android. What I am looking for is a Tablet of course; with a pretty nice build, atleast 4-8 GB with added MSD Slot, at least 2.1+ Android system, it does not have to be name brand, I do not want anything with 3G, unless I have the option of taking it off. In all I am looking for a tablet with all those details for about $200-$350. If you have any cheaper, feel free to post them :D. If anyone could help me with this, please don't hesitate to post. I will hopefully get this by graduation date.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Viewsonic gtablet is $300 at office depot and less elsewhere. Root it and install cyanogenmod and there will be no looking back. It is Droid 2.3.4. It. Is WiFi only.
Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Hmm, I was looking for something a little different than the GTABLET, sorry for not stating that.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Nook Color sounds like just what you're looking for.

Ajax

May 21, 2011
I would buy the iPad b/f that thing, no offense. I just do not like the build :(.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Can it run the full android/goodle market? How many GB?

You'll have to "root" it to get the market, but there are very good instructions in the NOOK section of this forum. It has 8GB onboard and takes up to a 32GB MSD.

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Hmmm... -leaning toward Nook Color- I just hate that I have to buy an additional card, but the specs seem great...huhhhmmm??? I will just look around a little bit longer.