losing time/date issue..noob please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Viewsonic gTablet Technical' started by andrekb, Apr 11, 2012.

1. andrekb

andrekb Member

Hi!!
    Just bought a used gtablet off ebay..when I got it it came fully charged and have for the most part kept it plugged in before juice goes dry. Well the last 3 days I depleted it and when I plug it in to recharge it the date is gone, the clock isnt right, and I have to go in to settings to change everything to correct info.. As a test I let it run dry again and it did the same thing.. is this normal for a gtablet? Or is there a internal batterry(like a cmos battery that has gone bad??/ Please advise-thanks

2. joking

joking Member

Tablet / Device:
    Viewsonic gTablet UPC-300-2.2
    Want you to know that My gtablet has been flackey ever since the roll out of the last update 5699. I let the power drain because while packed in my laptop bag the power button got pressed. When I powered it up yesterday, the time will not stay set. The unit will loose WIFI connection. The unit will not access websites because of certificate errors. It won't login to websites either. I've tried factory resets to no avail. I'm going to contact the last person I talked to and get another rma and ask them to fix it!