Need Help with My New (Used) A100

turbocoop

Oct 9, 2012
I just bought an A100 on craigslist for $30. The LCD screen is broken but the digitizer is still good, I can see part of the background scrolling when I swipe my finger across it. I found a new LCD screen for $60 on ebay, only one seller ships from the US so Im gonna get that one so it gets here sooner. The question I have, since Ive never used a good working A100, has to do with the power button color:

Whats the difference between the blue light and the orange light on the power button. I assume the orange light means its charging, because it is always on when its plugged in. But its weird cause sometimes when I unplug it, the blue light will come on and then go off in a few seconds, and sometimes it wont come on at all. Maybe its just because I havent had it charging for very long. I just want to know if the battery is ok before I take it apart to replace the screen so I can order a new battery if I need to. Ill know tomorrow I guess...

I have it plugged in right next to me and every 5-7 seconds the screen light up and then goes right back off by itself, it just did it like 6 times and now its staying off. Theres something fishy goin on with this thing, I plugged it into my laptop and it sync'd right up no problem...

Has anyone successfully replaced the LCD screen on one of these yet? I couldnt find a DIY anywhere... Im gonna attempt it anyway, it cant be any worse than doing an iPhone 4 and that wasnt too bad. Ill take some pics and write up a DIY if nobody else has.
Heres a pic just so you can see what Im workin with-
photo.jpg

turbocoop

Oct 9, 2012
Well I found a video of the disassembly- its in Russian but its still a good how to:

I ordered the screen and Ill be installing it when it gets here next week

Last edited by a moderator:

turbocoop

Oct 9, 2012
Apparently people arent very talkative on this forum. Incase anyone was wondering the screen replacement was very easy, much easier than an iphone.

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
Sadly, unless you have a mainstream high end tablet or some cheapo POS Chinese tablet, very few people post around here. I'd stick to XDA if you need useful information about this tablet, the community for the A100 is VERY active over there.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
The problem with the charging issue is the plug pack. Unless you have an OEM plug pck it won't charge the device. There are plenty of dodgey chargers out there.

chadcossette

Nov 21, 2012
Man do I need your help!! I have an a100, with quite the opposite problem. Do you know where I can find just the glass screen?