LP II .wav support

May 3, 2012
So I recently landed a sweet job but I have a technical issue. Our phone system will email us voicemails we get at the office when we miss the call. The voicemails are sent in .wav format. I can't for the life of me play this old and simple file type. Chrome won't play it, Firefox won't play it, neither will dolphin. I typically use mobo player for these multimedia related things but it won't play it, I just get an error message to play it in soft decode mode but that still doesn't work. So I went old school for old file format and tried winamp. It gives me an error saying this file is not supported on my phone....which isn't a phone at all its a LPII but I digress. So then I found this audio player deadbeaf with an audio codec pack to support waves. This one just does nothing when I play they file. I removed the codecs from mobo and deadbeaf also uninstalled the players including winamp. Google music player won't play these files either....I'm stumped please help.

May 3, 2012
solution found i reinstalled dead beef with its codecs and it still didn't work so then I just rebooted and it works now. Thanks for all the help I know I would received.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Your welcome Brian. I am going to pretend I could have solved this problem for you. (Although I really had no clue)