Matricom G-Tab Quantum

Narutobarrage

Mar 27, 2015
I Matricom G-Tab Quantum, was wondering if anyone knew how the SD card work? I bought 16 GB and it shows SD card icon in notification but click on it nothing happens. Looked for it in the storage its there but can't store anything on it. I have internal memory as well as a SD card inside but that's 10gb not one I bought. I'm confused. I even unmounted it and put back in, it checks it but nothing. Help please.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

From your description it sounds like it should be working. If you are having an issue using it, try ES File Explorer as an option. It frequently makes a little more sense out of add-on storage than the default file managers. If you are trying to move apps, that may not work but it should work for media like photos,l music, docs etc.

Narutobarrage

Mar 27, 2015
Welcome to the forum

From your description it sounds like it should be working. If you are having an issue using it, try ES File Explorer as an option. It frequently makes a little more sense out of add-on storage than the default file managers. If you are trying to move apps, that may not work but it should work for media like photos,l music, docs etc.
So I wouldn't be able to put my apps in my new SD card? Only my photos and others? That's the reason why I got a bigger memory. Also the built in SD card doesn't let me store anything in it either keeps saying not enough space in it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I suggest "trying" to install 2 apps even if you need to uninstall something, CCleaner and Diskusage. The first will clean some deadwood off your internal memory the second will point out what is taking up the space remaining.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
An external Micro SD Card (MSD) AKA TF Card (16GB in your case) is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there. Hopefully, you'll be able to free up some internal storage by moving things to the external card.

juttt45

Apr 1, 2015
If you are having an issue using it, try ES File Explorer as an option. It frequently makes a little more sense out of add-on storage than the default file managers. If you are trying to move apps, that may not work but it should work for media like photos,l music, docs etc.??