Mid 9042-8 Play Store

sdotx

Nov 15, 2012
hey guys, i just got this tablet in the mail today, and after messing around with it for about an hour, i finally got the wifi connected by switching the channel on my router. My main concern is it not having the play store, getjar is pretty sad, and i havent tried amazon store. but it was a gift for my fiance. Its kinda pointless to us without the android market. what i would like to know is this. Is there any relatively simple way to get the play store on here without bricking it. I like to do things myself but i am not a modder by any means. If the steps are clear i can most likely get it done. Is this possible? and if so is there anyone who can help me? thankyou all in advance.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Read the stickies in this forum marked "READ FIRST". They'll help you out.

sdotx

Nov 15, 2012
i kinda skimmed through, it jus seems kinda complicated, and i jus wanna know exactly what i would need for my device. and how to install it.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Don't skim it, read it.

I'm serious. Everything you need to get the job done is either available in that thread, or linked in that thread. But you are right about one thing. It is more complicated than simply running a brain-dead program like Livesuite. Since you're working with critical system files, you absolutely have to know what in the heck you're doing. Otherwise, at best you'll simply cause a bootloop which can be rectified, or at worst totally brick the tablet to the point where it won't even boot.

When you believe you're ready to take the plunge, the software and how to do the job will still be here. Otherwise, install Amazon's Appstore and let your fianceé download her apps from there. The ones she uses the most should be found there.

sdotx

Nov 15, 2012
yea we realized that the other day, we dled the amazon app store and surprisingly is a decent alternative to android ps. once she got facebook and pandora shes happy lol. but i ordered her a nexus 7 for christmas and im gonna keep this one. so if i do brick it lol she wont get mad. Just wondering can you watch flash in the browser on this thing? like youtube straight from the site or is its only mobile bases sites?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It will run flash, so yes you can watch youtube through the browser.