mid7022 cant boot into recovery after install of cwm

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Today i bought me an mid7022 Tablet, updated it to ICS and tried to root it. I used a tutorial, where a Recovery- APP was used, where i simply had to choose the zip file and it restarted on its own. Something must have gone wrong, because i cant boot into any kind of recovery (using Back- Button+ Power).
Is there any way to fix that?
And whats a working way too root the mid7220 i read a lot of tutorials, but nearly all of them are missing some files, because they have been removed from the filehoster.

Thanks in Advance!

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Do you have adb installed on your computer? If so all you need to do is download this file http://files.androtab.info/telechips/cm7/20111029/KYROS7022-8K/KYROS7022-8K-recovery-signed.zip extract the recovery.img from the zip, place it in your adb platform-tools folder, open up command prompt, cd into your platform-tools folder boot into recovery mode on the tablet and type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" As for rooting, once you get clockworkmod recovery working it's easy. Download these two files
1.http://www.mediafire.com/?4dcgkevdiy63zp7 - this is to root
2.http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip - this is for google apps
boot into clockworkmod go to install zip from sd card, then select jcase_rootme.zip, select yes.
After that finishes installing do the same for the gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip file. After this you will have rooted ics with google apps and market.
(credit to piratesscareme for finding this method)
If you need more help let me know

Last edited:

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Hello Ryancut, thanks a lot. While trying along a bit, i nearly bricked my mid completly today. I now have the stock recovery running again now, but therefore i can't boot into android any more. I have a nandroid backup of the stock OS, but cant get cwm running, downloaded tons of recovery.img for cwm for the mid7022 but every time i try to boot into it, it doesnt work. Flashing back the stock recovery works though. I hope you can help me getting cwm to work, it would be much appreciated

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Damn i cant get cwm working. Wether my device is stuck in fastboot or i cant enter cwm (depending what version i was using). I tried restoring a nandroid backup via Fastboot, didnt work either. I really need getting cwm working or find a backup of the stock rom for the 3e recovery system...

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Damn i cant get cwm working. Wether my device is stuck in fastboot or i cant enter cwm (depending what version i was using). I tried restoring a nandroid backup via Fastboot, didnt work either. I really need getting cwm working or find a backup of the stock rom for the 3e recovery system...

Ok so you know how to use fastboot so this should work.
1.Download this file http://files.androtab.info/telechips/cm7/20111029/KYROS7022-8K/KYROS7022-8K-recovery-signed.zip
2. Extract the recovery.img from the file, and place it in your adb platform tools folder. Default install location is cd C:\users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Android\andr oid-sdk\platform-tools
3.once you have the recovery.img in that folder, open a cmd prompt window.
4. Navigate to the platform-tools directory. (The one you put the recovery.img file in) if it is the defaullt install directory use this command "cd C:\users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"
5. now type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
6. press the rest button and hold down the back button at the same time and you should now have clockworkmod

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Thanks, but i did that several times already, but my Coby isnt booting in CWM then :( I dont know whats wrong with that. Maybe there is an other file i need because my coby is a 4GB Edition?

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Still not working :( when i flash back to stock recovery, its no problem to enter recovery they way you described. maybe it is the problem, that i cant poweroff the tablett because it keeps on rebooting all the time. Or maybe i need to hold the reset button longer?

Last edited:

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Have you tried to just 'fastboot boot recovery.img' ?
Maybe it could help you to restore what you want and restart from the beginning.

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
I did tried that with an other recovery.img but then the screen turned into somekind of colored "snow", but i didnt try it with your image yet.
But i talked to coby customer support today, and they said, that they will restore my 7022 to Android 2.3.3 for me for free. Thanks to them.

If i get it back, is there a way to root it without using cwm?

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Ok, just tried fastboot boot recovery.img then i get the message "FAILED (remote:incomplete boot image)"

Adromir

Aug 4, 2012
Ok, got my Coby back. They didnt only unbrick it, they sent me a completly new one. Thanks to the german support!!
And at last i am now able to install cwm. But every time i restart my coby (after update to ICS) the cwm is gone again and i have to reflash it. Is there a solution to it?