MID8024 - internal SD not mounted??

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I dropped my 8024 (on a carpet BTW) and now when I boot it is often back to day 1 with just factory installed apps but working. If I run ES File Explorer it says my internal SD card is not mounted (extsd is OK)? I push 'reset' and sometimes it boots just fine and all my apps are back. I assume I have, if lucky, a loose/bad connection. Is the internal memory in a daughter board or card slot or something that could be loose OR is it hard soldered/surface mounted?

More infro:
After the drop it would not go past the COBY screen but 'recovery worked' so I reloaded firmware off the COBY site. It now boots BUT most of the time to Day 1 screen and apps.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Just to follow up, my 8024 would have several 'Force Closes' while booting and most if not all apps I installed would Force Close as well. The stock apps seemed to work.

In the end I popped off the back cover (not easy but doable) and replaced the internal micro SD card (yes it is just plugged into a locking socket). I then reloaded firmware which formatted and set up the internal SD card. I now boots normal. I have reloaded several apps and they all work. NO more 'Force Closes'. I does seem to be a little slower loading apps. I used a Class 4 card....maybe the factory card was faster?? No I did not try a bigger card as I did not see anyone else doing it...I am just glad it now works well.

(I guess I have to assume the internal SD card had a problem..reseating it did not help.)

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
if the program always force close maybe the internal microsd is corrupted,it happens to me too but on my experience my apps are installed on the external microsd and what i do is replace the card with a new one.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Seems that it was more then corrupted because I formated it the reloaded firmware and it did not fix it. Replacing the micro SD card then formating it the reloaded firmware did fix it. No errors in a couple days and I reloaded most of my apps.

Yes I did go back through my apps and moved most that I could to the external card...thank you.