Mimetempfiles

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
I have acquired a boatload of mimetempfiles. Are these necessary or can they be safely deleted. Does anyone know if these are the result of updates, downloads or what.
Thanks

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I found this at XDA

55Pegasus said:
Mime temp files are binary or XML fragments used in attachments. You can google "mime temp files" to get more information.

Also saw more info that it is more common on exchange accounts. There should be a script run at startup to delete these.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
From what I've read they have to do with the adds on angry birds and will reappear if you delete them.
There is a program I read about that lets you take away permissions of apps which lets you stop or delete those files.
It is called Permissions free.
I installed it yesterday but have not figured out how to use it yet.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
From what I've read they have to do with the adds on angry birds...
This is related to Angry Birds? Every single one of those files that appears on my A500 is related to an email I got via the app I use for my work email. I use the one that came with the tablet. "They" reappear. They're not the same ones I deleted, but it's like every time the tablet fetches email, it generates them.
Please keep us posted if the app you found deals with this.

Last edited:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
This is related to Angry Birds? Every single one of those files that appears on my A500 is related to an email I got via the app I use for my work email. I use the one that came with the tablet. "They" reappear. They're not the same ones I deleted, but it's like every time the tablet fetches email, it generates them.
Please keep us posted if the app you found deals with this.
That's what I read but according to other information it is from gmail.
I rarely use my gmail but had many more of those files than I got emails.
There are none on my tablet right now.
I just went to gmail and opened 5 emails and still none on the tablet.
Perhaps the permissions app worked.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I don't use the Gmail app for work, I use the Corporate Sync one. I'll try the permissions app when I get home. It's annoying to delete several hundred of these files every couple of days.

frnkws, can you post a link to the app you found? The only "Permissions free" app I found requires root. Are you rooted?

Last edited:

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I don't use the Gmail app for work, I use the Corporate Sync one. I'll try the permissions app when I get home. It's annoying to delete several hundred of these files every couple of days.

frnkws, can you post a link to the app you found? The only "Permissions free" app I found requires root. Are you rooted?

No, I'm not rooted and the one I have is called Permissions free.
But when I check the Play Store it says I have Permissions denied installed.
The app says permissions free.
It says It requires something else to work but when I open it, I go to the options at the bottom, (the 3 dots) click it and then click lock/unlock permissions and it then says permissions locked.