Move files not pulling tag info

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I'm curious if anyone else is having issues with their music. All the tags show up perfectly on my laptop and on my phone running a custom froyo rom. But only maybe 10% or less actually sort by artist. Rest say <unknown> Anyone. Got a clue???

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
In android you have to set your music up as Artist/Album and place songs inside of the album folder. The album art icon should also be inside of album folder otherwise it only reads the first few tags and the rest are ignored......hope that helps you

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I remember an issue with iTunes, maybe it helps: there are two "artist" fields used for tagging music files, one is simply "artist" and the other is "album artist" (or something like that, I don't have iTunes right now). If "album artist" is empty, then iTunes has problem sorting music.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
I dont use itunes any longer. been using WMP to manage my music. I have a pretty extensive collection and fully it works on my Samsung Running Froyo but not my Kyros GB device..I downloaded MP3tag so I am going to re-do all the tags on my computer. I did a software on teh droid and it worked but fell off at reboot.

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
I use ezPDF Reader top manage my sheet music. It's an incredible tool and I just love it.

Sent from my zt180 using Android Tablet Forum

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
HA>. just read my thread title. Can a MOD please change "MOVE" to "MUSIC"

these are all my mp3 files.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Victory......Whew that was a PAIN in the arse...

So what I ended up having to do is go thru all my music with a good tag editor. Mp3tag v 2.49. made sure all artists matched the Album artists or were done proper. made sure all album names were done. and still no work. after looking hard at the ones that actually pulled in vs the ones that pulled in as <unknown>, the issue was in THE FILE NAME!!!!!!! Stupid Android. letting the file name override sections of the imbedded tag. so I had the program rename all 7000 songs to the proper naming convention Artist - Album - track - Title.mp3. this worked. Synced with WMP and perfect!

I tried all kinds of crap. Doubletwist was a disaster... now all my songs are named nice and neat. three days of completely reworking my music collection..

And the PLayers I like so far: Btunes and WinAmp. both good players. the bTunes player looks identical to the iTunes player on the iPhone.

Last edited: