MTP for USB connection?

HMishkoff

Jul 10, 2011
When I try to connect the Thrive to my XP machine via USB, the "Found New Hardware Wizard" says that it's trying to install software for MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), but it can't find what it's looking for, so the install fails. (Then the AT100 software install also fails, which I assume is a result of the failure of the MTP software install.) From what I've read, I should have an MTP driver already installed if I have Windows Media Player on my PC, which I do. (I even downloaded the most recent version, which didn't help.) Every avenue I follow via Google leads me to a dead end. If I can't connect the Thrive to my PC, I've basically wasted all of my money, so any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

TannimKyraxx

Aug 8, 2011
I hope you have figured this out bub if your just need to xfer files have you tried using a external HD or a SD card?

HMishkoff

Jul 10, 2011
I hope you have figured this out bub if your just need to xfer files have you tried using a external HD or a SD card?
I never was able to get it to work. (Unfortunately, it wasn't just for transferring files, I'm trying to develop an app.) After much wasted time, I connected the Thrive to a Windows7 machine, which worked the first time. But I never was able to get the Thrive to talk to any of three different XP machines. Very frustrating -- I have to remote into my W7 machine from my development XP box, which is a little awkward, but at least it works.

FdxRider

Aug 7, 2011
When I try to connect the Thrive to my XP machine via USB, the "Found New Hardware Wizard" says that it's trying to install software for MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), but it can't find what it's looking for, so the install fails. (Then the AT100 software install also fails, which I assume is a result of the failure of the MTP software install.) From what I've read, I should have an MTP driver already installed if I have Windows Media Player on my PC, which I do. (I even downloaded the most recent version, which didn't help.) Every avenue I follow via Google leads me to a dead end. If I can't connect the Thrive to my PC, I've basically wasted all of my money, so any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!!

If you have usb debugging on the thrive turned on turn it off then your xp machine will recognize your thrive as at100.Then you will be able to transfer files to your card