Multi-tasking - Prime?

SimplyIrish

Nov 23, 2011
I have no experience of Android tablets , but plan to buy an Asus Transformer Prime as soon as it's available.
I think I know the answer to my question, but just in case it's a future possibility, I thought I'd ask.

Can Android tablets multi-task to the extent that I could have one browser open, looking at a Netflix move, and have another browser open beside it, just for browsing?
(I often like watching, or more accurately, listening to movies I know while surfing at the same time.)

Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Irish, welcome to the forum. I don't think you'll be able to do what you're planning. Just to be sure though, I'm moving your thread to the Asus Tablets section where someone more familiar with the Prime can reply to it.

SimplyIrish

Nov 23, 2011
Thanks. Maybe someday that'll be possible. Otherwise people will go to Windows 8, where I know it can be done

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
This is something that is possible to do, see this link: http://www.onskreen.com/cornerstone/index.php

Some folks at XDA have asked these guys if they could work this into custom ROMs for rooted tablets (including the Transformer) but currently onskreen is only wanting to work with OEM's to work this into their tablets.

I am not sure that OEM's are thinking this is where they need to go. It would be great to watch a netflix and view email, IM's or Facebook on the side and then swap if you want your Email bigger and still watch the movie in a small window.