my new gateway a60

hjr007

Dec 5, 2011
received a gateway A60 for christmas. Now to make it work.

So far so good. First tablet I have owned.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new GatewayA60. Nice Christmas gift. Glad to have you here as a member of the forum. I believe your tablet is a re-branded Acer Iconia 500. If have any questions, the best place to post them would apparently be in the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum section.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Congrats on the new tab and welcome to the Forum!

Cheers,
Peter

sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

lwhitemcp

Jan 18, 2012
hello, i have the 64gb model and just joined the forum. have you heard anything about being able to update to ice cream sandwich ?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Well, it didn't take you long to find this thread about your tablet.:eek: I hope hjr007 sees your post and replies to it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello hubley, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to join the forum, nice to have you here with us.

DeFrog

May 7, 2012
I also have the same question ...... after chatting with a gateway support person I am very displeased as he basically said they had no idea as to wether there would be an update or when

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi DeFrog, congratulations on your tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android tablets. Unfortunately, when and if there's an update to the A60's is totally up to Gateway, so the fact Acer is doing something is no indication that Gateway is going to. It seems, other than pestering Gateway and checking the Ice Cream Sandwich and Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum forums for news there's not much you can do except wait.:( Good luck!

DeFrog

May 7, 2012
thks Spider .... thats just what I have been doing ..... doesn't hurt to ask on these forums as someone else might have gotten some info somewhere.