Need help bricked tablet

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
I suspect the Z4Root screwed up the device. The sticky should be pulled. Have you been able to get the 7024 into recovery mode? Reading the instructions on the Coby website the procedure hasn't changed. You press and hold the silver back button while pressing the power button to turn on the thing. Continue to hold the back button after releasing the power button. Once you get the triangle release the silver back button and then press again, that should get you the recovery screen. From there you can do a factory reset which you can try but I'm not sure it will help you.

If the factory reset doesn't help you'll need to ask Coby for a factory rom update.zip file. Not sure if they'll give it to you, but you never know if you don't ask. If you can get the update.zip file, put it on the sd card, reboot again in recovery mode, flash that file, and your 7024 should come back to life.

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
I suspect the Z4Root screwed up the device. The sticky should be pulled. Have you been able to get the 7024 into recovery mode? Reading the instructions on the Coby website the procedure hasn't changed. You press and hold the silver back button while pressing the power button to turn on the thing. Continue to hold the back button after releasing the power button. Once you get the triangle release the silver back button and then press again, that should get you the recovery screen. From there you can do a factory reset which you can try but I'm not sure it will help you.

If the factory reset doesn't help you'll need to ask Coby for a factory rom update.zip file. Not sure if they'll give it to you, but you never know if you don't ask. If you can get the update.zip file, put it on the sd card, reboot again in recovery mode, flash that file, and your 7024 should come back to life.

ya recovery is screwed up as well, im thinking z4root messed it up. Wont let me into recovery, says no UPDATE found and thats the only option it gives me

Cavefrog

May 19, 2011
ya recovery is screwed up as well, im thinking z4root messed it up. Wont let me into recovery, says no UPDATE found and thats the only option it gives me
I had the same problem. One of the options when it said it couldn't find a rom image was to erase the flash memory. LOL, I figured I had nothing to lose. It erased the internal flash and it restored the factory settings and rebooted fine. Not my first choice, but it did work for me. Ah, the joys of toys :)